Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riptide

6/3 Father Son Day (REPORT)

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Today was Father & Son day with Brian and his son Dillon.  

We ran a similar program to yesterday's Daddy / Daughter day.  

We had a 0630 start, hit the closest rips for a couple quick fish on Hogy Lures originals.  

Then we zipped off to a deeper ripline.   The weather was nicer today with sun and no fog.  However the stronger breeze made our drifts alot faster and made fishing more difficult.  

We were able to pick away at a mix of bass and blues but the catch rate was not what I would have liked to see with the amount of birds,.bait and fish we had.   

Despite the slower pick my crew kept working hard and as the tide slowed a bit we were able to hook up at a much faster rate including some doubles.

On top of the bass and blues we managed a fluke and a sea robin from this area.   Dillon wanted to up the species count even higher than yesterday's 5 species day.   

A short hop to another rip gave us an easy pick of seabass and scup rounding out a SIX species day for my guys.  

On the way back to the ramp we were once again diverted by birds and we grabbed another half dozen bass blasting squid.  

Overall a fantastic effort by my crew.   The wind and currents conspired against us, but the guys worked hard and never gave up.  

Their effort was impressive and the solid number of fish landed still didn't truly represent how hard they worked today.   

They were a fantastic crew and they earned every fish they landed today!!!

IMG_7867-01.jpeg

IMG_7852-01.jpeg

IMG_7864-01.jpeg

IMG_7863-01.jpeg

IMG_7860-01.jpeg

IMG_7856-01.jpeg

IMG_7850-01.jpeg

IMG_7845-01.jpeg