mkus

Stop paying big bucks for fly lines!!!

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

If an outfit is balanced well (rod, line, reel) I can cast it...$100 to $1000 its gonna work. mkus was nice enough to share a deal of his preference, if you're a "brand name" user nothing will change your mind. Others may be opened minded to something new, saving cash and experimenting to be satisfied. I'm looking for a inexpensive 10 wgt floater to make a head. This may be worth it to hack it to pieces!

Edited by saltyh2ofly
Spelling

8 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

If an outfit is balanced well (rod, line, reel) I can cast it...$100 to $1000 its gonna work. mkus was nice enough to share a deal of his preference, if you're a "brand name" user nothing will change your mind. Others may be opened minded to something new, saving cash and experimenting to be satisfied. I'm looking for a inexpensive 10 wgt floater to make a head. This may be worth it to hack it to pieces!

That’s my point thank you if your a good caster you can cast just about any line with any rod heck I’ve broke lines while albie fishing and blood knotted it together kept catching albies ..

On 6/13/2019 at 5:10 PM, Tin Boat said:

Caught a bigger striper today -- straightened out the kinks. Liking this line very much.

Excellent glad the line worked for you

so i splurgerd and purchased two $5.95 lines.  they are coming from China and hopefully they make it here before the fall run.

12 hours ago, ferret said:

so i splurgerd and purchased two $5.95 lines.  they are coming from China and hopefully they make it here before the fall run.

Oh you’ll have them very quickly I was amazed how quickly they come under two weeks!

I just got my 8wf line for my LMB rod. I can tell no difference between this line and the sa mastery line I just removed. I end up replacing this line every 3 seasons so time will tell how long it last. 

On 6/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, mkus said:

I have been using these lines for a few years and they’re great they make 100 ft clear intermediate lines and there is a Canadian company that sells sinking lines which are great also on  eBay...

i’ve  used both all on saltwater species albies Bonita bass blues with great results!

D8A1942A-AB47-4123-98B5-BD24721C3F61.jpeg

803DA32A-5620-4A56-8EAC-4BB75FF582C2.png

Very interesting 

how did you find out about them?

i looked myself and noticed a bunch of stuff but mostly to 8 wt and not much sinking line 

do they have a web site where the full range of offerings is listed out?

On 6/17/2019 at 8:21 PM, mkus said:

Oh you’ll have them very quickly I was amazed how quickly they come under two weeks!

I received my line in just a few days. The mailing label says U.S. Post Office. The company probably has a warehouse in this country.

How's the grain weight on these lines?  I mean on an WF8 you can go from 210 gr to 330gr .... big difference.

Are they closer the standard or a bit heavier?

Posted (edited) · Report post

I knew it would be too good to be true 

I sent the same question to Aventi and the Canadian seller 

Q. do you have 9 to 10 weight ?

A. the Chinese  company said yes we have 8 weight

canada never responded 

i guess if i place an order I should be happy with whatever they send 

4DAC8933-283B-4980-86FD-D1B552C672BF.jpeg

Edited by JohnP

On 6/21/2019 at 4:14 PM, gman1253 said:

How's the grain weight on these lines?  I mean on an WF8 you can go from 210 gr to 330gr .... big difference.

Are they closer the standard or a bit heavier?

I know witht he Maxcatch and Anlers Dream lines (of which I now have 8), they have varing tapers and weight specs just like the big companies. Some lines are right on spec weight, Some 1/2 size heavy. Sometimes it takes some digging to find which is which. They have all been good lines though.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, mkus said:

I have been using these lines for a few years and they’re great they make 100 ft clear intermediate lines and there is a Canadian company that sells sinking lines which are great also on  eBay...

i’ve  used both all on saltwater species albies Bonita bass blues with great results!

D8A1942A-AB47-4123-98B5-BD24721C3F61.jpeg

803DA32A-5620-4A56-8EAC-4BB75FF582C2.png

got mine in the mail, took about a month, came straight from China, two lines for $11.97.  The floater is only 85 ft long, cant test cast them since I do not own an 8wt or 9wt.  I'm all screwed up right now, 5 fly reels, 1 fly rod, lol,