pl978

TFO GIS 11ft surf rod warranty

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I broke the tip of my TFO rod and I was wondering if anyone replaced their rod with the warranty and how did you do it? I purchased my rod from Tomos tackle in salem, MA and I still have the receipt. Can I just go back to Tomos tackle show the receipt and get a replacement or do I have to go through TFO customer service? any feedback would help. thanks!

Yes, I would also call the shop and ask. Very easy for them to replace. You would likely have to pay for the shipping. I have replaced multiple rods with TFO. Some directly, and one through a shop.

24 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

Yes, I would also call the shop and ask. Very easy for them to replace. You would likely have to pay for the shipping. I have replaced multiple rods with TFO. Some directly, and one through a shop.

ok thanks im going to give the shop a call first and see what they say before contacting TFO customer service.

28 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

Call TOMO first, the protocol will be best explained from the seller.

ok thanks im going to give the shop a call first and see what they say before contacting TFO customer service.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I broke my first TFO a month or two after I bought it, user error. Red Top swapped me a new one because I had just bought it.

I broke a couple more, user error, over the last 3, 4 years. I called up TFO to let them know. You send the broken part to them, while paying for shipping, they send you a new rod for $50, and I believe they charge you for shipping it back.

They'll always send you a new rod, no questions asked, but you end up dropping about $100 for the replacement, including shipping costs and a replacement fee.

It's a lot cheaper than buying a new one, but it's not exactly a "free" replacement.

Edited by zak-striper

Always hear of people breaking these things. Haven't broke my tiralejo in 4 years and I beat the living snot out of it. Maybe they are not just built for a beating? At least there is a warranty.

2 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Always hear of people breaking these things. 

The way I broke mine, snagging a bush while throwing a 4oz jighead or snagging my lure bag, which weighs a ton, while throwing a 4oz jig head, would break any rod...just sayin'.  :)

On 6/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, zak-striper said:

The way I broke mine, snagging a bush while throwing a 4oz jighead or snagging my lure bag, which weighs a ton, while throwing a 4oz jig head, would break any rod...just sayin'.  :)

Dammmm stop snaggin stuff:eek:

2 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Dammmm stop snaggin stuff:eek:

I have this bad habit of going to the cape right after work then fishing till 8:00 the following morning. At 3:00 a.m., in the dark,  while being tired, it's not always easy seeing what's in your back cast zone.  :)

2 mins ago, zak-striper said:

I have this bad habit of going to the cape right after work then fishing till 8:00 the following morning. At 3:00 a.m., in the dark,  while being tired, it's not always easy seeing what's in your back cast zone.  :)

I get it just busting ya 

50 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I get it just busting ya 

Oh, I know. Just making fun of myself as well. Hence the smiley face.  :)