Fluke report

Rate this topic

fishoninct

• 2 weeks later...

Went out on my uncle's boat with him and my dad last Saturday, got about a dozen shorts and 1 keeper with lots of robins mixed in and a few dogfish, only stayed out til 130ish due to the wind kicking up to 20mph. At the dock talked to a guy who had 4 keepers and caught 40 fluke that morning so they are out there I guess, just need to find the magic spot.

Fished mid to western FFLD county (boat) Saturday morning for 7 hours plus, not a whiff on the fluke, but lots of robins and my first (and an actually legal) weakfish. Didn't see others picking up much of anything, and for the breeze, the drift was non-existent. In trying for sea bass on structure, had one that was legal right on the nose. At least I got out. Thinking perhaps I should have run across instead. 

I was out Saturday too eastern sound, 8 keepers between 3 of us with the biggest couple around 24 inches. It was a grind, took all day, but got my first limit of the year. Found them at 2 different spots first was 30-40 ft and the second was 60-70, all with jig and gulp, and they wanted it bouncing fast.

6CF2FF49-DE18-4F21-A086-68567D50389F.jpeg