June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

11 mins ago, libertyminded said:

Out front SJ kingfishing is pretty steady right now! I hook something big, on my kingie rig, rod in hand,I felt the pick up and set the hook hard, it starts burning drag, at 1st I’m thinking ray! I start cupping the spoil of my saltist 2500 to slow it down, and I feel a head shake! Now I know it’s no ray, it burns drag 3 more times, emptying the small spool. A crowd has gathered behind me, it’s high tide 5pm last Friday in June! It’s fighting down and making powerful in and out runs! It finally comes up top and I hear the crowd’s  oos and ahhhs, as it shimmers in the afternoon sun! Nice drum on A kingie rig.. released! Thanks to Beach goer Maureen for nice photo..

D3F4C9B3-A24E-4B81-99A1-4F8F24088F9F.jpeg

What the king's eating? Bloods? Bites? 

22 hours ago, libertyminded said:

Out front SJ kingfishing is pretty steady right now! I hook something big, on my kingie rig, rod in hand,I felt the pick up and set the hook hard, it starts burning drag, at 1st I’m thinking ray! I start cupping the spoil of my saltist 2500 to slow it down, and I feel a head shake! Now I know it’s no ray, it burns drag 3 more times, emptying the small spool. A crowd has gathered behind me, it’s high tide 5pm last Friday in June! It’s fighting down and making powerful in and out runs! It finally comes up top and I hear the crowd’s  oos and ahhhs, as it shimmers in the afternoon sun! Nice drum on A kingie rig.. released! Thanks to Beach goer Maureen for nice photo..

D3F4C9B3-A24E-4B81-99A1-4F8F24088F9F.jpeg

Always exciting when you hook that mystery fish!

38 mins ago, Eric_S said:

Played hooky Friday to hunt down some bonito that everyone is reporting. Had to fight through a million small blues, but the bonito were there. Got a bonus small spanish mack. Only the 2nd I've caught in NJ. The last was 15+ years ago and twice the size. Sushi for days! Not from the beach :why:

IMG_4297 (2).JPG

IMG_4312 (2).JPG

nice catch, how big were the bones?  south of the Shrewbury rocks bouy?

that is a lot of sushi. 4 of july gonna be nice at your house. 

Fishing report: went with daughter to "our" summer beach in Monmouth County. Access is free if your willing to hoof it two or three blocks.  Lot of sand lost, at least half if not 60 percent. 

Fishing was decent for a change, a few short fluke in the surf and a sea bass of all things. T-storms were acoming so I beat feet out of there. 

Man, I been seeing some cigars flying through rain bait, even hooked a few that I couldn't keep in the line and figured they were bones but in the back of my mind i thought they looked more mackerel like.  :th:

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

Walking my favorite beach this morning o.c water was a little chilly  observed small bait in the wash  had one blow up on a popper  but that was it.  Could not find any sand bugs to float down here. I might try up north this afternoon or in the morning. 

• Sudsy locked this topic