FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

419 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

....marinated liver and hearts. Marinaide is left over gulp juice that's works very well with the bait.

Throw that in the pan with some butter & fresh garlic, pour over basmati rice, with a side of roasted brussel sprouts - DONE!

Edited by daves745t
spelling fail...

Was a one and done morning for me today.  Went for the bugs at 23 inches.  Nice water just not a lot of activity.  Had terns picking for awhile but nothing under them.  Couldn't tell what they were after but might have been sand eels from the way it looked.  Will move to a different spot in the morning.

18 mins ago, MC55 said:

Was a one and done morning for me today.  Went for the bugs at 23 inches.  Nice water just not a lot of activity.  Had terns picking for awhile but nothing under them.  Couldn't tell what they were after but might have been sand eels from the way it looked.  Will move to a different spot in the morning.

Was a zero and done for me this morning. Floated bugs and had decent moving water, but not even a tap! Looks like you cleaned out the whole nest! I haven't seen this many bugs in a long time. The bottom is crawling with them. The bass can sit back and pick and choose. Even the low IQ bass can get fat on this bounty!

Also had the terns pecking in front of me. Water must have been close to 70 this morning.

Hadn’t seen any bunker out front in some time but as I was heading in wave after wave of them came through. They were in tight balls but nothing seemed to be on them.

On 6/26/2019 at 1:04 PM, MC55 said:

Brought the rake along to try and find some calicoes.  Found a bunch, just nothing that was fishable.  Guess I'm still on that learning curve.  Will try raking again when the low tide is back in the early hours.

Middle of the moon - not many shedders now

On 6/26/2019 at 7:05 PM, FishingmaniYaks said:

Just got back from some pretty cool freshwater fishing on the Deleware. Would have pictures but can't due to spot burning. It's a spot that has a very unique body of water that holds a good amount of fish. When I began fishing seriously I was fortunate to have the Deleware river about a 5 minute walk away and discovered the beauty of fishing. From the years and almost every day after school going to the water I developed a relationship with certain spots that I will guarantee having a good day. To make a long story short I brought my three kids to this location(14 years since I been there) and told a story at every landmark I remembered on the way. My kids didn't know what to expect. My oldest was smiting me and saying probably only sunfish as an insult to daddy because we didn't go saltwater fishing. We caught a good mixed bag today from white perch to almost 8", stripers to 23", shad to 12" and the infamous catfish as long as daddy's arm just as I told them. Fish gods listened and painted their memories as mine were at their ages. I would always tell them to understand the water and fish and you will be rewarded. Water was pretty clean despite all the rain and flooding recently. I told my kids that after good rains, magic happens a few days later to this river. 

My kids used to love going to the Delaware, we did it often.

16 hours ago, JMB said:

Hadn’t seen any bunker out front in some time but as I was heading in wave after wave of them came through. They were in tight balls but nothing seemed to be on them.

Last Sunday there were acres of them rolling by off of Deal.  Keep an eye out (in your battleship)  as I saw one blue shark on them a couple weeks ago but the captain saw another blue more recently and I've heard from a Highlands boat that saw one (out front) as well.

Bad pic, but all I got.

3380.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tom T said:

Last Sunday there were acres of them rolling by off of Deal.  Keep an eye out (in your battleship)  as I saw one blue shark on them a couple weeks ago but the captain saw another blue more recently and I've heard from a Highlands boat that saw one (out front) as well.

Bad pic, but all I got.

3380.jpeg

He should shark from his kayak.

Moved a bit to the south this morning and had a tough time finding some moving water to send out the bugs.  Didn't start to improve until the tide dropped out.  Found two late morning with on at 21 inches and the other at 26.  More small bait around too along with the massive run of bugs so lots of food out there.  Next trip for me will be Monday.

DSCF2750.JPG

Out front in lower OC from 5:30-8:15 during outgoing.  Caught 10 bluefish, none were that big.  Water was very clean.  Just a nice morning to be out.  I wanna try to throw some bugs next time I go out...

F96F85DB-B44E-4F72-9FFA-1C2400CEB709.jpeg

424A587E-32A0-48D9-A714-207BA3AE7E21.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tom T said:

Bad pic, but all I got.

3380.jpeg

You can’t imagine that’s not in the back of my mind when my legs are dangling over the yak. Or fish on a fish stringer.:eek:

Yup.......was out on a bar fishin' OC and I see a school of bunker movin' south towards me but about 60 yrds. out.....sure enough, surfacing in the school I see the dorsal and tail fin coming and there was distance between them.....started moving back as the school passes, I yelled out to the surfers just south of me and as the school passed the they all got up and kneeled on their boards.....ya just gotta know, there's always a good chance of sometin' either under the bait of following it....