FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

419 posts in this topic

Surprised to see gator sized blues finning today . They only wanted top water,perfect, and just kept hitting until they got hooked or swam away at your feet . Buddy had one really nice that measured over 43" . This is June ????? Im usually  totally fluke focused but this was such a nice surprise and almost more fun to watch than fish, almost !

23 hours ago, adams54 said:

Do you mind me asking what comprises of your kingfish rig?

It's just the simple hi-lo rig using 20-30 lb test mono and 8 or 1/0 gama octopus circle hooks. Work just as well or better as the store bought rig.

Moco..outback. Late afternoon. Bait everywhere. Birds worken. No fish to be had. Couple of us threw multiple things. nada. Have a feeling its going to get really good middle to end of week. Dont know why but it felt like somethin was brewing this afternoon

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Moco..outback. Late afternoon. Bait everywhere. Birds worken. No fish to be had. Couple of us threw multiple things. nada. Have a feeling its going to get really good middle to end of week. Dont know why but it felt like somethin was brewing this afternoon

great enthusiasm, but after seabass closed, there aint nothing to catch.  Ima "summerize" my boat, prolly wont be using it til September, then again with this crazy year maybe the albies will show up in two weeks

Edited by ferret

5 hours ago, ferret said:

great enthusiasm, but after seabass closed, there aint nothing to catch.  Ima "summerize" my boat, prolly wont be using it til September, then again with this crazy year maybe the albies will show up in two weeks

Rumors are bonito are around

2 hours ago, Goldy said:

The rumors are true- big pods of them have been chasing bait around the areas I fish

Posted (edited) · Report post

PSA. if anyone is drifting and dreaming off of Deal/Long Branch and picks up a lexa 300 on a  Quantum please enjoy it with my compliments :th: .  But I'd switch out the rod, didn't love it.

That is all.

Edited by Tom T

3 hours ago, Goldy said:

only difference between a 1 1/2 bonito and bluefish is that the bonito taste a little better

3 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Albies been around just offshore on the tuna grounds. 

Theyre always there this time of year.

Fished for fluke out back in Atlantic County this passed weekend. Saturday picked up a 13" and 15" off a sandbar, both took the 4" white gulp mullet teaser. Sunday I hopped on a buddies boat and we picked up 20 short fluke ranging from 6"-17.5" 

IMG-2169.JPG

3 mins ago, Jsunkler said:

Fished for fluke out back in Atlantic County this passed weekend. Saturday picked up a 13" and 15" off a sandbar, both took the 4" white gulp mullet teaser. Sunday I hopped on a buddies boat and we picked up 20 short fluke ranging from 6"-17.5" 

IMG-2169.JPG

That's Sweet picture. Too bad it's not a doormat.

15 hours ago, Qwik said:

Surprised to see gator sized blues finning today . They only wanted top water,perfect, and just kept hitting until they got hooked or swam away at your feet . Buddy had one really nice that measured over 43" . This is June ????? Im usually  totally fluke focused but this was such a nice surprise and almost more fun to watch than fish, almost !

June used to be fun for gators and during the summer that was the party boat ticket.  It makes me want to cry when i see people with porgies on the boat when we used to hammer gators  all summer on the boats. 

I'm not sure how the party boats are surviving

Terrible weather

No night time bluefish

Very few inshore fish with open seasons

Can they survive on just fluke in the small windows of good weather ??