FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

419 posts in this topic

56 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Had to post something interesting my son caught in New Jersey the other day. It appears to look like a Peacock Bass. Does anybody know if they stock certain areas of this fish or possibly accidentally stocked? He was pretty excited and had to call me while I was at work Haha( my 8 year old). None the less, what you guys think, Peacock Bass?

IMG_6636.jpg

Lols like one to me. I’m sure someone let it go from their tank.  

I caught a really nice sized Oscar in Pennypack Creek years ago. 

I doubt wither would survive the winter 

Anyone capitalize on the NW wind yesterday in CMC? Water was stirred up pretty good. Saw a skate caught and birds working a rip in the inlet at dusk. Looked like glass minnows or some other small stuff. This was the incoming tide. 

15 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Lols like one to me. I’m sure someone let it go from their tank.  

I caught a really nice sized Oscar in Pennypack Creek years ago. 

I doubt wither would survive the winter 

The peacock looks very skinny too, probably is having trouble to compete for food

Nice morning to be out with no rain or fog or crappy SE wind.  Clean clear warm water with enough surf action to find a few rips to fish.  One scoop and had enough bugs to fish all morning and they were hungry.  Landed 6 with the biggest at 27 inches, but had a whole lot of other hits and quick run offs.  Figured there had to be some smaller fish around or they are getting better educated on plucking one or two bugs off the hook.  No matter, was a very enjoyable walk today.  Back out Monday.

DSCF2717.JPG

DSCF2719.JPG

Just got in fished o.c.outback  3 bass about 20in  2 blue fish about the same size.  Staying away from the crowds  but the fish were popping on small baits for about an hour or so going to try back  when the crowd thins out a little 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Chunking bunker up north. Was very quiet and most people have left this spot already and now I have picked up two nice blues. Don’t have a scale handy. Definitely nice fish around if you’re into blues like I am. 

Edit, update --- ended up with four nice blues in the racer class I guess... not quite the gators I was hammering on Tuesday evening but not cocktails either. Enough to make hoisting them on the jetty with a MH rod a sketchy task. All fish released and swam away unharmed.

Edited by Slowwwride

Had a good day yesterday out front searching for Fluke. 

Started around 11am and ended with 10 Fluke and one summer bass that creamed a Scabelly bucktail at the lip.

Saw a spear guy come in with a keeper fluke as well.

20190622_154609.jpg

20190622_130453.jpg

Here is my kids going through what all fisherman have gone through.... super excited to catch the biggest fish and also the defeat of losing it at your hands. There goal is to catch a fish to impress daddy while he is out working. A little break from saltwater. I will be going Delaware river fishing this weekend like old days where I grew up to show them what I have caught and where at. Should be pretty fun.

13 hours ago, Slowwwride said:

Chunking bunker up north. Was very quiet and most people have left this spot already and now I have picked up two nice blues. Don’t have a scale handy. Definitely nice fish around if you’re into blues like I am. 

Edit, update --- ended up with four nice blues in the racer class I guess... not quite the gators I was hammering on Tuesday evening but not cocktails either. Enough to make hoisting them on the jetty with a MH rod a sketchy task. All fish released and swam away unharmed.

UNHARMED! What about the psychological damage? They'll be in fish therapy for years! I'm calling PETA!

3 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Here is my kids going through what all fisherman have gone through.... super excited to catch the biggest fish and also the defeat of losing it at your hands. There goal is to catch a fish to impress daddy while he is out working. A little break from saltwater. I will be going Delaware river fishing this weekend like old days where I grew up to show them what I have caught and where at. Should be pretty fun.

That made my day.   I cant wait until my kid is old enough to fish. 

Btw that reaction never dies. When i drop a fish same thing happens to me

The best is they only remember the best times and not the bad times. Remember by getting our kids out to do this stuff can only be good times. The other week we were out on the bay and that little dude in that video(my 8yr old) snagged a bunker and was getting blues to 20lbs. So freaking awesome!!!! Thanks everyone for the replies on the video. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Finally got out on the boat for the first time this year. Drifted a few spots out back cmc with the lady 8-noon today. Not many boats out at first but started getting a little busy around 10. Probably got like 10 shorts between us to 16" and was able to find one keeper 20". Surprise of the day was a 7" weakfish that went for the BT. Prayed for the little guy when I tossed him back, he was playing around where some big flounder go. 

Edited by FunkyBunker