FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

281 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Ill neither confirm nor deny my allegence to any one group. However Im not giving up on bass in nj until after my trip to the north in july.

Fluke are for weekend days :waiting:

I believe we’ll be taking a similar trip in July....that new moon looks to good to pass on. 

As far as a fishing report goes. Fluking was good before the season opened, then not so good, no it’s good again. :fire:

34 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

I believe we’ll be taking a similar trip in July....that new moon looks to good to pass on. 

IN! 

2 hours ago, fishless said:

Here's my one for 2019.  I'm good till 2020.

photo courtesy of shiesty

31647.jpeg

You needed to have the guy from the May thread hold your bluefish to make it look bigger. 

Just now, EricDice said:

You needed to have the guy from the May thread hold your bluefish to make it look bigger. 

Silly me.  After all these yrs you'd think I'd have it figured out how to make em look bigger.  :wee:

13 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Excuse me! That was an 18lb Mako 

I would believe that if it weren’t for the hip waders I saw sticking up into your armpits. :laugh:

30 mins ago, hobobob said:

Rumor has it the boys up north have setup road blocks and checking license plates. :laugh:

Remember that scene in Smokey and the Bandit when Snowman plows thru the road block? 

4 hours ago, fishless said:

Here's my one for 2019.  I'm good till 2020.

photo courtesy of shiesty

31647.jpeg

You look embarrassed to have your picture taken with a bluefish.....Imagine how the bluefish feels!

Up here for a week of visiting old "Air Force" buddies.  Spent nearly four yrs. in Turkey, and of course some flounder fishing.  Beginners luck, caught three and first two were "keepers", My mentor, Mr. Skinner would be proud of me.  Hope to get out a few more times in the back before heading home to Ky.... Ky Mike ... tight lines all.

Fished a lot of beach in MoCo yesterday morning into the afternoon on the outgoing and got skunked. Saw no bent rods either. Beautiful day though with a good friend. Southwest breeze and the water looked pretty good. Hit an inlet and found the blues. Got my first gator on an AVA. No picture provided to not spot burn. Awesome day! Tight lines all!

First outing of this month due to attending a wedding / recoup the day after and then work.

Today I faced wind against tide which as we all know, makes it quite challenging to present things properly. Low and behold  at the turn of the tide and into incoming I did stumble into about 1/4 acre of peanuts pushed real tight to the rocks. School after school about 30 yards long and 4ft wide swam in with the tide. Along with a decent amount of rain bait.  Good amount of bird play as well which I assume we're on peanuts or sand eels. Fished a tinman bucktail, followed by a tinaman metal, then switched to the olllllll faithful. The SP. Found the blues then called it a day. Back it after work tomorrow.

Tight lines boys. 

All quiet this morning. About 30 mins in had something small hit at the lip but was quick to jump and spit it out. Nothing the rest of the morning. Dolphins rolled by but didn't look like they were feeding. Might try for a flounder tomorrow morning instead. 

3 short stripers and my buddy got 1 keeper at 32" working the bridges and banks. Pink flukes, swim shads, and bucktails all got bit. For some reason we just couldn't find a hot pattern.