FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

279 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ACFishing said:

ocean county, fought it for 15 mins, thought I had a stingray on until I felt headshakes

Wait a second, I just had a stingray that felt like it gave me headshakes, a cow-nose. Got him in the wing. Total touchdown fish. An onlooker thought 40. I would say possibly, but not sure. I thought 15.

Same spot as last night out back up north 7:30-now. Well no such luck tonight... but I expected that. Water clarity has deteriorated significantly from all the rainfall and runoff. A few tides should clean it up.... if it this wet weather cycle ever moves on. No bait and no fish observed.

6 hours ago, For His Honor said:

Went out at 515am. Landed 1 bass lost one. Tomorrow's another day.

Met MC55, great guy and fisherman.

Pleasure meeting you this morning too John.  I'm sure I'll see you out there again.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Fished out front CMC today (Tuesday) 9am-2pm

Ah, a week long break was the right call. It felt easy going out there again, the way it should always be. I had the intention of hopefully finding some stripes, but instead ended up tossing out for fluke with luck early on. Picked up 3 decent sized fellers, 2 were likely of size but I tossed them all back. Furthermore, while I expected to be one of the only guys around, a few others were around and were hooking up with fluke, a monkfish it looked like, and what I also beleive were handfuls of small kingfish. So it was a nice short outing, and I was able to get home early and take care of stuff...rejuvenating for a change!

EDIT- the handfuls of fish I referred to above were likely shad I think, but I was not close enough to be sure. Long story, color and overall shape resembled micro striped bass, these fish were all about 7-10" if I had to guess and very light in color, dont know what they were caught on either

Edited by Saltine109

Made an hour attempt back bays cmc yesterday 530-630 pm. Only bite was about a 15" flounder that didn't get the barb and let go at the surface. 

Tried another spot this morning and found and even smaller flounder than my previous smallest of the season. Might have been 8"-9" at most. Hopefully this rain doesn't come around tonight. Probably back out somewhere tomorrow morning.