FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

419 posts in this topic

Central moco out front. Outgoing. Water clear, flat, and warmer then last time. Tried my best @MC55 improvisationn and attempted to "float some bugs." Now I'm no MC55 but in my opinion there wasnt enough "moving water" to get the job done. Standby for his report where no doubt he slayed them and had the exact opposite findings I had.

On an interesting note...I did observe several pairs of human females Ive named Homo Sapiens G. Stringus. Fascinating species. What they like to do is dress in the most scantily clad swimwear available and take selfies of each other from every angle possible. If you observe such a phenomenon keep your distance because if you get too close it interupts said ritual. Conclusion: Summer is here!

27 mins ago, adams54 said:

Central moco out front. Outgoing. Water clear, flat, and warmer then last time. Tried my best @MC55 improvisationn and attempted to "float some bugs." Now I'm no MC55 but in my opinion there wasnt enough "moving water" to get the job done. Standby for his report where no doubt he slayed them and had the exact opposite findings I had.

On an interesting note...I did observe several pairs of human females Ive named Homo Sapiens G. Stringus. Fascinating species. What they like to do is dress in the most scantily clad swimwear available and take selfies of each other from every angle possible. If you observe such a phenomenon keep your distance because if you get too close it interupts said ritual. Conclusion: Summer is here!

Dude...you gotta get in one of those selfies next time and post.

Those critters will, in most cases accommodate the nice fishermans request :)

Collected some crabs with the kids and had some fun at the tide switch this morning. Fish were hungry. Great pre-fathers day. Out front Moco. Get the crabs while they last! Hope this last into the fall especially with the mole crabs because it is loaded this year. Had my sand rake and a guy thought I was cleaning the beach haha. I wish I can make all our beaches cleaner but the best part was seeing young kids watch me collect bait. Hopefully I can past something onto my kids as I learned from my elders. Thank you to all the fathers out there for sharing your knowledge and giving us those stories we try to live up to when we go fishing.

20190615_060840.jpg

20190615_060511.jpg

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

Wish I could say I did, but as you said it was like a lake out there this morning.  That west wind more then did its job of knocking down the big water from yesterday.  Tried a few spots with the bugs not using any weight at all and still could not make a decent presentation.  Tossed the plastic and managed to find one at 24 inches.  Packed it in a bit early since not much was happening.  Still a ton of bugs washing around.  Back out on Monday.

DSCF2705.JPG

Ocean county out front from 5-9. Water was very flat. Saw birds on sand eels but only managed one small blue and some hickory shad. The blue was loaded with sand eels. 

2 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Collected some crabs with the kids and had some fun at the tide switch this morning. Fish were hungry. Great pre-fathers day. Out front Moco. Get the crabs while they last! Hope this last into the fall especially with the mole crabs because it is loaded this year. Had my sand rake and a guy thought I was cleaning the beach haha. I wish I can make all our beaches cleaner but the best part was seeing young kids watch me collect bait. Hopefully I can past something onto my kids as I learned from my elders. Thank you to all the fathers out there for sharing your knowledge and giving us those stories we try to live up to when we go fishing.

20190615_060840.jpg

20190615_060511.jpg

Great job Dad! Those boys are very fortunate! Happy Fathers Day!!

13 hours ago, adams54 said:

I bet you coulda raked them for some crabs....bugs too. 

17 hours ago, Artie Fishil said:

Include Bruno in that group, always with the calicos

Yes he was a master  with crabs & eels  he had the baby pool in his basement we  had to change the water every day we would go to St. Alfonz  with buckets to get water  he was a great guy.   Taught  me a lot  about  fishing  the beach.  But I miss  the hole group.  With it being  father's day  it's nice to remember  my dad  and all his buddies from the tackle shop  spent many a day  there.  I'm sure  I would know some of you guy's  just by hearing what you have to say about the old day's. It was a different world back when I belonged to Steven's surfsters  that was 1974  till  jo  passed away.   well that's enough reminiscing for tonight I'm going fishing.    Happy father's day to all you dads  go catch some fish and have a great day with friends and family. 

This wind has gotta go. Hit some sod yesterday 6-745 am before the breeze started again. Only 2 bites were the smallest flounder of the year so far and a feisty 17" that fought like it was 2" longer. 

Fished low tide around noon on Saturday and Sunday at an inlet in south jersey. Got a couple of small weakfish and one 23 inch brute on Saturday,  all returned to fight another day. Sunday was nothing but small fluke.