FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

419 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Bass popping and "slurping" on the surface is a very distinct sound, especially noticeable in calm water in the back

Gotcha,  i get the slurp sound on a redfin, mambo, etc...but after one good  crank the sp is under the water.  Even the floaters dive immediately. ( I did say I wasn't trying to be a dick).

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ahh, I see the confusion - he never said he heard the fish slurping the lure, he just heard fish on the surface

Edited by Sudsy

5 hours ago, SIC34 said:

Gotcha,  i get the slurp sound on a redfin, mambo, etc...but after one good  crank the sp is under the water.  Even the floaters dive immediately. ( I did say I wasn't trying to be a dick).

I’m not trying to be a dick, but you are the same guy who wants the report threads closed down but you are still active in them.  Can’t have them both ways.  

Im not a fan of the report threads but I like to give props to mc55 and nam for the bugs and calicos.   

22 mins ago, Goldy said:

I’m not trying to be a dick, but you are the same guy who wants the report threads closed down but you are still active in them.  Can’t have them both ways.  

Sure I can. I never said I didnt read the reports thread. Just dont believe in posting spots. See, I just did it again!:howdy:

7 hours ago, SIC34 said:

Any size? And not trying to be a d but how are you hearing a slurp on an sp minnow?

It was the bass slurping bait on the surface and tail slapping aggressively, but as far as size go schoolies to just over keeper size 

Late report from last night. Out back 7-8pm. High tide to beginning of outgoing. Wind WSW 5mph. Bounced around as always and found this guy.... 

8729BA6E-15D8-4BBC-A29E-8320FDEF6632.jpeg

21 hours ago, fishingnuke said:

Nothing like being a good distance from your spiked rod while your raking and have to try and sprint through knee or waste deep water to get  to it..

That's what made it fun 

19 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Once again, you caught the fish I lost yesterday! I recognize him by the stripes!

Glad you had a good morning. Well deserved, considering the time you put in. I was in Philly with my daughter this morning. First good news we've had in a long time. Her port is not clogged and there was no growth over it. It did not need to be replaced. The options ranged from emergency surgery to surgery at a later date to "Ok go home, everythings OK." We finally got a break. 

Thank God some good news. Glad to hear that. :howdy:

Not the conditions I was hoping for this morning.  Surf was clean but the big water was unexpected.  Wind was just starting to change from SW to W.  By late morning with the tide going out and the wind shift was starting to lay it down a bit and I could find some spots to try the bugs.  Most of the morning all I could really fish was the plastics and bucktails in the walls of water.  Didn't get a touch on the artificial stuff.  Finally found an out flow and sent the bugs for a ride, and the bugs were the thickest I've seen all spring.  They were everywhere.  Managed to put two on the sand, 25 and 22 inches, and had a couple more quick hits cleaning off the hook.  Should be looking better out there in the morning as the W wind brings down the big water.

DSCF2702.JPG

The last time I saw my rake it was on the wall at the old Stevens Bait and Tackle after Brian left I never went back to get it  after my father past away  it was next to the eel  gigs  on the wall  he probably gave them away. It's been a long time. 

The last time I raked I used prime baits to catch king fish! Baits that back in the day would have been called ice cream! God I miss those days.... but I thank god I experienced them and guys like Yinky, Joe LoPresti and Pat Ears around to teach me! 

1 hour ago, fishingnuke said:

The last time I raked I used prime baits to catch king fish! Baits that back in the day would have been called ice cream! God I miss those days.... but I thank god I experienced them and guys like Yinky, Joe LoPresti and Pat Ears around to teach me! 

Yes   Joe was a GOOD guy !

Casted around out back around the big high tide and caught one small bluefish up north. Called an audible and went fishing for cats ..... not much luck there either, only one big flat head.

3 hours ago, fishingnuke said:

Don't forget Harry