FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

281 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Snappers are good to eat and five ain't enough. Limit is 15 OF ANY SIZE. Should slot them too as sooner or later they'll be wiped out.

Im fine with a slot as long as its ~15 fish between 4" and 40"

3 hours ago, yarddog59 said:

He could get both!

It's a rake designed for calicos. I bought it close to 20 years ago from a guy who had it for over 30 years. We were using it today when I was showing MC55 how to rake. Most bugs slip through, since the mesh openings are big enough for them to escape. You do get a couple of the larger ones, but the majority slip through. 

24 mins ago, nam1969 said:

It's a rake designed for calicos. I bought it close to 20 years ago from a guy who had it for over 30 years. We were using it today when I was showing MC55 how to rake. Most bugs slip through, since the mesh openings are big enough for them to escape. You do get a couple of the larger ones, but the majority slip through. 

I used to watch you guys rake back in the day trying to learn something!

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, Sheisty said:

All of that won't matter if we keep digging up dirt so it can drift away, and wiping out lumps.  It all plays a part; commercial fishing, party boats, rec anglers, replenishment etc.

I've fished plenty of perfect-looking structure that didn't hold fish, but never fished a huge school of feeding fish where none could be caught...funny how that works. So I'd have to rank actually conserving the fish population a little higher than anything else.

Fished out front, MoCo, for 2 1/2  hours this morning. Lost one, a couple of other hits. Wave action picked up later. Water was clear with no cabbage. There wasn't a very good drift for the bugs, unlike yesterday. Nice morning on the beach. Doesn't look to good for tomorrow.

nam is right about the lack of moving water this morning.  Tried a few spots to fish the bugs, but with the surf laying down and the lack of movement it just wasn't going to happen.  Only thing I picked up with the bugs was a small fluke.  Went to the soft plastics and did find 2 with both at the 24 inch mark.  Had a quick blowup of 3 to 4lb blues fish swim through of which I landed one and destroyed a couple of swimmers.  So hit the triple play with a striper, fluke, and blue.  Might be a tough morning tomorrow with ESE wind this afternoon and ENE wind close to 20mph by late morning with rain forecast.

DSCF2694.JPG

On 6/10/2019 at 0:56 PM, Sudsy said:

Not if the calico's are making a comeback 

Be nice to see bass with red noses again

Just like the old day's 

19 mins ago, mike07gsxr said:

When the blue fish are around i take 30-60 a week for my pig farm. 

No way. Dude, you’re the man. I wanna be just like you when I grow up. 30-60, per week, great news. I wanna kill more than that actually. I wanna kill 300-600. Will I be as bad ass as you if I do that?

Saturday the moon is at 92% and waxing - I'm breaking out the rake for the first time in over 10 years

Gotta swing by Joanne Fabrics to get the good stretchy string

2 mins ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

No way. Dude, you’re the man. I wanna be just like you when I grow up. 30-60, per week, great news. I wanna kill more than that actually. I wanna kill 300-600. Will I be as bad ass as you if I do that?

You will be a sucker falling for a troll

Next time just ignore it

46 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Saturday the moon is at 92% and waxing - I'm breaking out the rake for the first time in over 10 years

Gotta swing by Joanne Fabrics to get the good stretchy string

Does that mean that you can expect more softies during this phase of the moon ?