June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

We just passed 24 hours without a single posting in the June report! That has got to be an all time record! Just when you think fishing can't get any worse, you get slapped upside the head!  :shock:

I saw a dude post not one but two 50 lb bass in the last couple weeks on a popular tackle shops site.  And all the pics of 15 fish limits of Blues that’ll be used as shark bait.  That could be part of the reason the fishing is getting worse every year :(

Time for a 1 bass slot limit, and 5 for the Bluefish 

1 hour ago, ridenfish said:

I saw a dude post not one but two 50 lb bass in the last couple weeks on a popular tackle shops site.  And all the pics of 15 fish limits of Blues that’ll be used as shark bait.  That could be part of the reason the fishing is getting worse every year :(

Yes... it’s time or hopefully it’s not too late!

On 6/9/2019 at 7:09 AM, Goldy said:

Bass season is over!

Not if the calico's are making a comeback 

Be nice to see bass with red noses again

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

1 hour ago, MC55 said:

East wind some rain and a bit of a washing machine out there this morning, but water was clean and tide was heading out.  Lots of bugs running around in the surf line so no problem getting any.  Problem was trying to get them to drift out when on the hook.  Stayed with the soft plastics early since the rips were not setting up and managed to find two little guys on the swimmer.  As the tide dropped out some rips began to show so moved to the bugs.  Still a challenge, but when I could get them to move there were fish around.  Had a number of hits and landed 3 more including my first keeper size of the season.  Hit the tape at 32 inches.  Perfect circle hook set in the corner of the mouth so sent her back for another fight.  The 2 others that went for the bugs both measured just over 25 inches.  Not a bad Monday outing.

DSCF2672.JPG

Now that's a worthwhile June posting! BTW Mike, that's the one I lost yesterday on the calico! Figured he'd be sticking around for seconds! Nice job.

I've been hearing a few cobia caught in the wash recently. Anybody confirm this? Wondering what they would eat as in bait from the shore. Both reports are from bait guys. One was in L.I. decent size. Usually they come in with the cow nose Ray's so that means they have rolled in in big numbers if that's the case. 

7 hours ago, nam1969 said:

We just passed 24 hours without a single posting in the June report! That has got to be an all time record! Just when you think fishing can't get any worse, you get slapped upside the head!  :shock:

I searched june fishing reports and compared the views and  the amount of posts of years past.......interesting.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

1 hour ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

I've been hearing a few cobia caught in the wash recently. Anybody confirm this? Wondering what they would eat as in bait from the shore. Both reports are from bait guys. One was in L.I. decent size. Usually they come in with the cow nose Ray's so that means they have rolled in in big numbers if that's the case. 

There is at least one confirmed in lbi this past week

Kill em and Grill em!

9 hours ago, ridenfish said:

bass season IS over.  :beatin:

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

• Sudsy locked this topic