FunkyBunker

June 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

279 posts in this topic

Summer is coming. 

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Jigged up my 1st flounder of the year on Sat afternoon. 16" but good to break the ice. 

Had a beach to myself this morning. 1 blue fish around 17" and nothing else. Last year this was a good week. This year not so much. Probably get out tomorrow but looks like time to switch to fluke soon. 

Anyone else struggle with convincing yourself to chase stripes once fluke opens...

I’ll see all you Menhaden Mafia, Sand Eel Syndicate and Herring Cartel members in October. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Tried yest evening from 5 until 7pm. Back of Moco. Crowds empty, water flat, and a nice west wind. Absolutely nothing. Was really surprised. Incoming tide figured I'd get a dusk striper or a cocktail or 2. Nada. Really surprised by the complete striper shutdown. Feels like it's a troll bite only. Not much heard from the shores on either side.

Edited by joefishnj21

4 mins ago, JMB said:

Lots of birds working about 1/2 mile out. Cocktails on acres of these.

Ill confirm that the bluefish and bass I was catching on Friday were stuffed with 2-3" sandeels

37 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

Anyone else struggle with convincing yourself to chase stripes once fluke opens...

I’ll see all you Menhaden Mafia, Sand Eel Syndicate and Herring Cartel members in October. 

Ill neither confirm nor deny my allegence to any one group. However Im not giving up on bass in nj until after my trip to the north in july.

Fluke are for weekend days :waiting:

The slow spring continues.  Not a touch for me this morning.  Did see one other fisherman out there using worms pull out one short.  Tried some bugs for awhile but couldn't find any moving water for the drift.  Bunker boats have moved further off shore and didn't see any signs of life close to the beach.  June is starting off with a whimper.

One other note on how slow this spring has been.  Just took a look at my logs and last year by this date I had landed 80 stripers and 7 blues.  So far this year 31 stripers and 30 blues, enough said.

58 mins ago, fishless said:

People wanted the blues back and they got em. 

You are not kidding.. Can't even get away from them.. 

49 mins ago, fishless said:

Here's my one for 2019.  I'm good till 2020.

photo courtesy of shiesty

31647.jpeg

You look constipated

3 mins ago, JMB said:

You look constipated

I ate a greasy breakfast with 3 cups of coffee before heading out so I was actually holding it in.