luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - June 2019

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

It's a 3 piece now is all I'm saying.

Used to be easier just to buy a new top half for $35.00 then sending it back for warranty.

I got a top once on a salmon steelhead rod in 2 days. Didn't have to go through the hassle of shipping it back and waiting.

Not sure of how it works now that they changed the website. Used to be able to do it all online, now I believe you have to call.

Was it a 3/4 -4 oz or the 2-6 oz ?

9 mins ago, Jimichanga said:

It's a 3 piece now is all I'm saying.

Used to be easier just to buy a new top half for $35.00 then sending it back for warranty.

I got a top once on a salmon steelhead rod in 2 days. Didn't have to go through the hassle of shipping it back and waiting.

Not sure of how it works now that they changed the website. Used to be able to do it all online, now I believe you have to call.

Was it a 3/4 -4 oz or the 2-6 oz ?

3/4-4oz; all I’ve been catching on with is a 1oz jig head or the 6”rubber shad, I like the action on this rod, I have a 10’ casting rod that I had as a back up but didn’t get a chance to use it how I wanted to. I only have several months with this spinning rod, so hopefully it’s covered.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 0:26 PM, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

Yeah mahi is the consolation prize for when you can't get tuna more often than not :(

We are actually going to start targeting them soon though! 

That's about right.  We had 4 tuna that were all too small.

Fished out front today 4am-9am, nothing, a couple bumps but no solid hits. First skunk of the 2019 can’t complain. Hopefully get better in the fall.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, Jimichanga said:

I have one of those three piece mojo rods too. I ordered a new top section and when it came in I spun the reel seat off trying to get the broken top section loose. 

It is now in 27 pieces.

Nice Blue.  

Ever since we "the Town of OC" put the new parking alignment against the sea wall I have seen a huge increase of fisherman using the area.  Its great to see.  Its a great deal for 30 minutes you can fish for free or you can stay at a rate for only $3.00/hour.  You can have your cooler right there with you for a cold COLA! and have your tackle and needed supplies right there.  Its still a bit tricky for a rookie but a seasoned ol salt can usually at the very least score a few Blues....  I was very impressed with the end product and hope to see more folks using the facilities.

I know spot burn!!!!  But its not like it a private spot seeing as how we move several thousands cars out of it a day...

Tie lines gentlemen... 

On another note I did speak to a park ranger at AI Saturday...  Strange circumstances, but never the less a great conversation.  It all started with a hit and run on the island involving a White truck with a camper....  I was in the sand all day so it was not me and we confirmed that....  But after talking I asked about the PLOVER..

He stated THERE ARE NOT PLOVER BREEDING NORTH OF THE BULLPEN IN THE OSV AREA.  So it looks like 22km is as far north as a closure will go unless the birds starts to walk north. 

That's great news!!!  Could be worse like the past few years.

Anyone get out today? I was planning on going on one last trip but decided to sleep in, please tell me there were fish still out there!

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 Short stripers ,  to 25” ,  out going tide last evening on 3 oz buck tails with 4 in white grub curly tails , good action near rocks , this am skunked.  Tossed buck tails, metal, nada. Gonna hit it incoming this evening.  

Water clearing up nicely in bay.   

D60EFA5A-1485-4C7A-91BF-248D2A673975.jpeg

Edited by redscotcheye
Norfolk spot burn

Cleaned up the post for ya. 

Did hit pm high and pm low yesterday, at several locations out back, no good 

lots of bait swimming 

shad splashing at sunset, thought it was gonna bust open again before the rain.

a few blues were seen taken on squid .  

No other stripes seen. 

Usually have more fluke/flounder this time of year, even shorts are absent.  

Slow pick

Didn’t know cobia could be caught from the surf like that, I usually see people heading out to CBBT on their boats. Nice looking fish!

Thursday......Stripes still around..... stay clear of the boat traffic times of day.....2" white gulps caught small flounder out back.  incoming into slack tide.  look for clean water. 

tight lines ....