luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - June 2019

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

Summer is upon us, hopefully the fish are still biting...

Big blues are still around.  Fished 5/31 as far south as you can go in the Delaware Bay.  Morning on incoming tide using a spoon.  Caught 5 to 6 lbs.blues plus a 40 incher.  Had a couple more take swipes at a Tsunami Talkin' popper and miss. Caught another good blue on that same popper on 6/1 at the same location. 

we hit a southern de bay beach Saturday evening, caught about 6 king fish then we were swarmed by little weakies 8 to about 15 inches. ended up fishing with one rod when they came in, a lot of fun with them with non stop action even though they were small.

Fished AI on Saturday. Nothing exciting for me. A lot of horseshoe crabs and dogfish. 

Took a charter on Sunday and got some Mahi Mahi. 

11 hours ago, Titanty said:

Took a charter on Sunday and got some Mahi Mahi. 

curious did you guys target mahi? I have been looking for a boat to do that on.  Everyone around here always want tuna. I would love to find a boat to just do a mahi run

5 hours ago, aguyinde said:

curious did you guys target mahi? I have been looking for a boat to do that on.  Everyone around here always want tuna. I would love to find a boat to just do a mahi run

Yeah mahi is the consolation prize for when you can't get tuna more often than not :(

We are actually going to start targeting them soon though! 

Heading to go out front front and leave before the rain tomorrow afternoon, trying to fish what’s left of the new moon. Supposed to have a good amount of SW winds, what is fishing usually like with these conditions?

Early morning 3am-7am was okay, kept getting bumps, caught several rats before dolphins showed up close, and foul hooked this fish, not sure what it is. Waiting for dolphins to leave for now before getting back at it.

6A063129-8FAD-4E14-B461-B7F3E60FA00A.jpeg

DEE1D289-85F2-4E82-9811-DDB84F259D0B.jpeg

2 hours ago, sbcbmx112 said:

Needlefish I believe.  I think there are different species though.

Really? I’ve never seen one, it was pretty big, 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Finished the day early unwillingly, but with a 25.5” blue it only cost me a rod! 

5C9DB77F-99F9-4F0B-8932-13E657893916.jpeg

Edited by rdiezel
Spot burn?

7 hours ago, rdiezel said:

Finished the day early unwillingly, but with a 25.5” blue it only cost me a rod! 

5C9DB77F-99F9-4F0B-8932-13E657893916.jpeg

I have one of those three piece mojo rods too. I ordered a new top section and when it came in I spun the reel seat off trying to get the broken top section loose. 

It is now in 27 pieces.

Nice Blue.  

17 mins ago, Jimichanga said:

I have one of those three piece mojo rods too. I ordered a new top section and when it came in I spun the reel seat off trying to get the broken top section loose. 

It is now in 27 pieces.

Nice Blue.  

Three piece? I have a two piece 10’6”. I may/may not have high stuck in order to get fish. Hopefully it’s warranty? I heard they’re good.