Jim DE

June 2019 Assigned Subject Threads: "Bug's and Boat's"

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

June 2019 Assigned Subject will be "Bug's and Boat's". As in previous Assigned Subject threads these pictures should be taken during the Month of June 2019 and not archived pictures.  Please keep in mind our intent to be a family friendly forum when posting your photographs. Anything associated with Bug's and/or Boat's pics taken this month will work......... lets see the pic's on this topic!

Edited by Jim DE

moth pic just to show with wings folded looks kinda like a fighter jet. the other is a garden spider egg sack, guess the pin hole means they hatched.

_DSC5251.jpg

_DSC5257.jpg

_DSC5330.jpg

_DSC5340.jpg

I pulled this out of the water today while I was fishing in the boat. Let her dry out for a few hours and she seemed as good as new.

2019-06-02 16.50.17.jpg

IMG_20190609_125610.jpg.8f027f184d505058decd61e915c94112.jpgHad at least 3 black swallowtail chrysalis' 'winter over' from last fall. Kept them under our deck out of harsh weather. Brought them up to our rear deck in early May and after 6 weeks nothing had happened, so I put them back last week. Lo & behold,  on Thursday, wife went to throw away some garbage, happened to turned around and look at the holder and one had emerged as a butterfly, today, a second one emerged. Have at least one more possible, we shall see.