NEStripes

century graphene 1329

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Anyone have any real world experience with the new version of the 1329 or should I be looking at 1328, considering for canal jigs big shads and larger sebiles broke my 126mh bout time to go more modern design. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wa supposed to be a good blank. (Lami has dropped it.)  What happened?

 

I have a pre-graphene SS 1327, rated 1 - 5. I like it all the way to 4 1/2 oz., but I know others have liked it to 5. I suspect that the 1328 would be fine, as long as you're good with 11' in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BrianBM said:

That wa supposed to be a good blank. (Lami has dropped it.)  What happened?

 

I have a pre-graphene SS 1327, rated 1 - 5. I like it all the way to 4 1/2 oz., but I know others have liked it to 5. I suspect that the 1328 would be fine, as long as you're good with 11' in the first place.

Not sure why lami dropped it would keep using it if didn't close it in jeep door. Will be nice to jig with a lighter more modern rod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 1328 and love it. I toss the larger swimmers  also,  and the 7 inch plus my Dannys i make. I love the rod

Really like Century.  Wish they was 1 pc but doesn't  matter.

Awesome  rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the opportunity to try the graphene 1328 and 1329, both custom builds with titanium torzite guides. The 1329 had k-guides and the 1328 had RVs. Having owned a pre-graphene 1328, and 1327, I can say there is something different about their graphene incorporated counterparts. While both rods perform incredibly, my friend and long time canal angler is actually putting his 1329 up for sale because he can’t seem to put the new 1328 down, jigging or plugging. Another option you might look into is the Century RA1269 coming in at 10’6 with a 2-7 weight rating. Joe Paiva, a longtime canal sharpie and century consultant described the rod as a 1328 and 1/2 during testing and was by far his favorite rod from the range. It comes with titanium SiC guides, graphene, and I feel it could fit the bill for you unless you were dead set on a 11’ rod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dan_evan1 said:

I had the opportunity to try the graphene 1328 and 1329, both custom builds with titanium torzite guides. The 1329 had k-guides and the 1328 had RVs. Having owned a pre-graphene 1328, and 1327, I can say there is something different about their graphene incorporated counterparts. While both rods perform incredibly, my friend and long time canal angler is actually putting his 1329 up for sale because he can’t seem to put the new 1328 down, jigging or plugging. Another option you might look into is the Century RA1269 coming in at 10’6 with a 2-7 weight rating. Joe Paiva, a longtime canal sharpie and century consultant described the rod as a 1328 and 1/2 during testing and was by far his favorite rod from the range. It comes with titanium SiC guides, graphene, and I feel it could fit the bill for you unless you were dead set on a 11’ rod. 

Thanks for the info, that 1269 sounds interesting dose it have a faster tip section, I know there is no perfect do it all rod but I tend to like any rod I'm going to use for jigging even if it's not a dedicated jigging rod to have that type tip section. Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 5:32 PM, BrianBM said:

That wa supposed to be a good blank. (Lami has dropped it.)  What happened?

 

I have a pre-graphene SS 1327, rated 1 - 5. I like it all the way to 4 1/2 oz., but I know others have liked it to 5. I suspect that the 1328 would be fine, as long as you're good with 11' in the first place.

The 126 is still available as a blank and is currently sold at CMS. The blank is 11.5 oz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, ged said:

The 126 is still available as a blank and is currently sold at CMS. The blank is 11.5 oz.

I had a conventional in the 1261 mh, great rod lots of backbone. I used it when I fished grs plugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 6:39 PM, NEStripes said:

Thanks for the info, that 1269 sounds interesting dose it have a faster tip section, I know there is no perfect do it all rod but I tend to like any rod I'm going to use for jigging even if it's not a dedicated jigging rod to have that type tip section. Thanks.

 

So when you say faster, faster than what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, Dan_evan1 said:

So when you say faster, faster than what? 

have your friends commented how the 1328 and 1269 throw and work 2oz plugs.

Edited by NEStripes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 7:21 AM, NEStripes said:

have your friends commented how the 1328 and 1269 throw and work 2oz plugs.

No but I’ll ask how the rods perform at the bottom end of their ratings. From owning a 1328 and handling the 1269, I can say that they’re both probably going to be a little on the numb side with 2 oz, but that the RA1269 seems to have a bit more tip for throwing lighter plugs. I’ll see if I can get some definitive answers for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dan_evan1 said:

No but I’ll ask how the rods perform at the bottom end of their ratings. From owning a 1328 and handling the 1269, I can say that they’re both probably going to be a little on the numb side with 2 oz, but that the RA1269 seems to have a bit more tip for throwing lighter plugs. I’ll see if I can get some definitive answers for you. 

very kind of of you to do so. I suspect your initial opinion would be accurate but never hurts to inquire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 7:52 AM, Dan_evan1 said:

No but I’ll ask how the rods perform at the bottom end of their ratings. From owning a 1328 and handling the 1269, I can say that they’re both probably going to be a little on the numb side with 2 oz, but that the RA1269 seems to have a bit more tip for throwing lighter plugs. I’ll see if I can get some definitive answers for you. 

well in true I can't help myself or make up my own mind fashion I now own a ss1329 and a ra1269, I definitely enjoy both rods and think they have done well as a jigging (1329)and plugging do it all rod (1269) respectively. I have not nearly put the hours on them to be sure they are all that. my original plan was to go blackhole surf II heavy jig and odm jigster as plugging do it all rod but I was scared off my the jigsters 4-10 rating figured it would be to heavy for plugging but I have run into people who say it performs fine in that roll. we shall see I may own those yet as the tackle ho in me can't be contained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.