snapper1

Plum Island Info

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Hi all

I'd like to visit Plum Island for 3-4 days of fishing.

Not looking for fishing spots or pointers, just technical stuff...

Do I need a license to fish for stiped bass on PI ?

Can I get the license at Surfland or is it best on the web ?

I'll be fishing solo so will be crashing in the suv...Can I overnight in the park wihout problems? Like at the southern end ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Have a great evening

^..^

To begin with you will need a license to fish . It is best you apply over the phone at this point 1 617 626 1520

Fish at night and sleep during the day and you stand a better chance of not being bothered

Good Luck

You will need a saltwater license, and Surfland does sell them. Surfland is one of my favorite places on the planet. They are always helpful. 

You can’t overnight on the southern end, either the Parker River Wildlife Refuge nor Sandy Point until the fall. At the northern end you could probably get away with it at the parking lot by the party boats, but wouldn’t be surprised if you get a knock on the window. 

If you like a good roast beef sandwich, a few miles from the island is Courtyard Roast Beef.

On island, the Beachcoma is your friend. Drinks and grub. 

42 mins ago, snapper1 said:

Hi all

I'd like to visit Plum Island for 3-4 days of fishing.

Not looking for fishing spots or pointers, just technical stuff...

Do I need a license to fish for stiped bass on PI ?

Can I get the license at Surfland or is it best on the web ?

I'll be fishing solo so will be crashing in the suv...Can I overnight in the park wihout problems? Like at the southern end ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Have a great evening

^..^

The Parker River Refuge closes at sunset and they kick everyone out right now. When the Plovers are done nesting (August) they will let people fish after dark.  You can access the jettys night and day. Be damn careful if you fish off them

11 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

You will need a saltwater license, and Surfland does sell them. Surfland is one of my favorite places on the planet. They are always helpful. 

You can’t overnight on the southern end, either the Parker River Wildlife Refuge nor Sandy Point until the fall. At the northern end you could probably get away with it at the parking lot by the party boats, but wouldn’t be surprised if you get a knock on the window. 

If you like a good roast beef sandwich, a few miles from the island is Courtyard Roast Beef.

On island, the Beachcoma is your friend. Drinks and grub. 

That means I can't fish at night at the Southern end right ? Or anywhere in the park...

Buy your license online and print one or have a digital copy on your phone. 

I cant help with parking. 

10 mins ago, ged said:

Buy your license online and print one or have a digital copy on your phone. 

I cant help with parking. 

Thanx man.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, snapper1 said:

That means I can't fish at night at the Southern end right ? Or anywhere in the park...

That’s correct, however you can fish the beach from the jetty to the refuge boundary line at all hours, which is a nice long stretch, and if you use google maps you can see has good structure. 

Just a heads up, the river is a bit of a zoo on weekends during the day. Many people soaking bait with rods in sand spikes in close proximity, with a 3-4 knot current. 

Edited by PlumFishing

On 5/30/2019 at 7:14 PM, PlumFishing said:

1. Surfland is one of my favorite places on the planet. They are always helpful. 

2. If you like a good roast beef sandwich, a few miles from the island is Courtyard Roast Beef.

3. On island, the Beachcoma is your friend. Drinks and grub. 

Three excellent tips!