Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro

Rate this topic

MaxKatt

Meh.... the TRD Pro's are overpriced.... You can get an OffRoad much cheaper and throw a long travel on it... Much better riding truck.... For what it's worth, I wouldn't trade my Tacoma for the world... Solid truck

unnamed (8).jpg

"Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it...." - Harry Middleton

8 mins ago, 9wait said:

Meh.... the TRD Pro's are overpriced.... You can get an OffRoad much cheaper and throw a long travel on it... Much better riding truck.... For what it's worth, I wouldn't trade my Tacoma for the world... Solid truck

unnamed (8).jpg

Yeah.  I'm in Toyota 4Runner that also came in TRD Pro, but I didn't got that far.  Happy with the model I got.  

I miss the old Xterra it replaced, but Nissan stopped making it.  Updated 4Runner cockpit with back-up camera and great phone integration is awesome.  While the ride is more comfortable and car-like, it doesn't feel as much like a truck as the Xterra did.  Miss that a little too.  I think the tires are part of what's effecting the ride.  Xterra had off-road tires, 4Runner doesn't.  

I also don't recall getting stuck in the Xterra, and while I haven't really put the 4Runner through the paces, I have already managed to get stuck in the mud in my own backyard the day I moved in.  Movers did not appreciate finishing the job getting sprayed with mud to get me out of the field out back.  

4 mins ago, MaxKatt said:

Yeah.  I'm in Toyota 4Runner that also came in TRD Pro, but I didn't got that far.  Happy with the model I got.  

I miss the old Xterra it replaced, but Nissan stopped making it.  Updated 4Runner cockpit with back-up camera and great phone integration is awesome.  While the ride is more comfortable and car-like, it doesn't feel as much like a truck as the Xterra did.  Miss that a little too.  I think the tires are part of what's effecting the ride.  Xterra had off-road tires, 4Runner doesn't.  

I also don't recall getting stuck in the Xterra, and while I haven't really put the 4Runner through the paces, I have already managed to get stuck in the mud in my own backyard the day I moved in.  Movers did not appreciate finishing the job getting sprayed with mud to get me out of the field out back.  

I came from a 2016 4Runner Trail Edition, and I miss it every day.... Awesome truck and wish I still had the capability off road, and the interior capacity.......

"Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it...." - Harry Middleton

3 mins ago, 9wait said:

I came from a 2016 4Runner Trail Edition, and I miss it every day.... Awesome truck and wish I still had the capability off road, and the interior capacity.......

Cargo areas is surprisingly big.  I'm a cyclist as well.  Main concern was fitting our bikes upright in a front fork rack (front wheels removed) back there.  Xterra had that "stadium seating" that gave high rear clearance.  4Runner is actually more spacious both vertically and horizontally.  

Tacoma's are OK, but they require a lot of maintenance! I was just figuring that I must have put in about $8000 on oil changes alone! I do it every 3000 miles and it costs approx $40/oil change and I have just under 660,000 miles on mine. Damn - if I had a Ford or a Chevy I never would have spent so much money on routine maintenance :).

Pete