z-man

And we thought that the canal had a trash problem....

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Down here we have the Chattahoochee River, which is a MAJOR watershed for our state. This was my kayak after our annual Sweep The Hooch River Cleanup. There were about 22 of us for 4 hours in a 4 mile stretch. Thought it was going to flip. 

IMG_2523.jpeg

9 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

if you can carry it in full why can't you carry it out empty ? 

Because it’s often messy and full of sand. I don’t mind in my truck but I often hear people say “I don’t want all that sand in my car.”

12 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Because it’s often messy and full of sand. I don’t mind in my truck but I often hear people say “I don’t want all that sand in my car.”

Simple, don't go to the beach. 

If it's your trash and it's sandy it's your problem.

"Carry in Carry Out " IMO, is the best policy.

13 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

if you can carry it in full why can't you carry it out empty ? 

The Chelsea cops said that to us once, we got the message and they never bothered us again. 

4 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Do these idiots also throw out their shoes and blankets?  They have sand on them too. How about you put your trash back in the bag or cooler you brought it in and take it with you. Or bring a small trash bag with you. It’s not very difficult. 

32 mins ago, z-man said:

Do these idiots also throw out their shoes and blankets?  They have sand on them too. How about you put your trash back in the bag or cooler you brought it in and take it with you. Or bring a small trash bag with you. It’s not very difficult. 

Hey! I’m just telling you what I hear on the beaches.

There needs to be harsher penalties for littering. I was in Gloucester last night and the no hablas crowd left all their garbage and bait on the rocks. They should be ashamed of themselves but they don’t give a ****.