SnoozeFishing

Montauk Trip

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Looking to finally take a trip to the holy land for a couple of days in June midweek. Any suggestions on lodging? Did a search didnt see anything covering the topic. I would just rough it in the truck but the ball and chain wouldn't like that lol. 

Check out Airbnb maybe... FWIW I just got back from 24 hours of fishing on the east end and it was still very quiet. A friend and I focused in on bay inlets and points from Shinnecock to Montauk and we could not find a solid bite. Moved around quite a bit too. A bunch of sea robins and a single tiny bluefish. Not one bass. Maybe the surf side would have produced better... They've had a slow spring out east and it seems like the spring run still hasn't turned on out there. Maybe by the time you get out things will be better. I'm not gonna make it back until July this year so catch em up for me!

Eastend has been sporadic at best. I wouldnt waste the money or time. Bank it for the fall.

1 hour ago, Wolfdog said:

Leave the ball and chain at home, they don’t like walking the south side anyway. 

Well the plan is to show her how much she wont enjoy it so in the future I can give her the old "I would really love for you to come but remember how little fun you had last time" lol. I dont have to catch to love fishing, just being there would be good enough for me. 

30 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Well the plan is to show her how much she wont enjoy it so in the future I can give her the old "I would really love for you to come but remember how little fun you had last time" lol. I dont have to catch to love fishing, just being there would be good enough for me. 

make sure you have korkers, montauk ain't like fishing sand beaches

1 hour ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Lol mine wants to go with me one time so bad. It really is a nice place even if you aren’t fishing. 

Love me a flagel sandwich from Goldbergs.

9 mins ago, dbech said:

Love me a flagel sandwich from Goldbergs.

Montauk Bake Shoppe, jelly filled croissant.  Allow yourself 1, don't think about calories or anything.  Trust me on this.  ;)

2 mins ago, fishless said:

Montauk Bake Shoppe, jelly filled croissant.  Allow yourself 1, don't think about calories or anything.  Trust me on this.  ;)

October can’t come soon enough!

1 min ago, dbech said:

October can’t come soon enough!

This will be a make or break year for a lot of ppl in deciding on returning or not. 

10 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Looking to finally take a trip to the holy land for a couple of days in June midweek. Any suggestions on lodging? Did a search didnt see anything covering the topic. I would just rough it in the truck but the ball and chain wouldn't like that lol. 

I would definitely suggest Airbnb or Vrbo. Hotels are limited, and anything is $$$$ because you're in the Hamptons. Mid-week may save your wallet a bit. 

How far you want to drive to get to Montauk from your hotel is another thing. I'll bet you can find a place in Hampton Bays or the Shinnecock area, but you have a 45 min drive to MTK. That drive can get old quick, especially having to wake up earlier, less fishing time, etc. 

1 hour ago, fishless said:

John's burger and onion rings.