squidder 329

Found This Disturbing

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Launched the boat this morning at Cape May ramp in Lower Township. Walked down to the floating dock and observed this waste. It appears that a small section of meat was taken from behind the gill plate and the rest discarded. I just can't understand how someone can justify killing four fish for a few pounds of meat.

IMG_1188.JPG

7 mins ago, buz23 said:

Is it possible they were full of worms??

I’ve never caught one or killed and cleaned one but have been told by older salts more than one time that the larger ones all have worms

I caught a Black Drum off the beach and a friend filleted it for me. Relative to the size there is little meat and the taste was average. I decided then they would be CR fish. I do the same with tog, I enjoy catching them more than eating them.

1 hour ago, squidder 329 said:

I caught a Black Drum off the beach and a friend filleted it for me. Relative to the size there is little meat and the taste was average. I decided then they would be CR fish. I do the same with tog, I enjoy catching them more than eating them.

I remember trying it once when i was younger and not really enjoying it so haven't eaten any since. My old man and future BIL like them so they fish for them. Definitely don't like the idea of killing something for very little meat knowing that there is the possibility of worms in the bigger ones. 

I caught a smaller one and kept it this year for the first time. It did not have a single worm in it. It tasted ok breaded and fried imo but, not the best eating fish out there. 

58588437_10214668345288516_196380967223459763235_10214690782569434_3204066940213

Nothing new, just as bad as the guys on the jetty keeping 20 blues each, they leave them sitting out in the heat all day, wonder how they taste when cooked? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I'm sure those 4 fish fight just as hard now as they did before.  

Never fought a good one from an anchored  boat in 60’ Of water and a ripping spring tide I see. 

Edited by bigfish4me