BrianBM

Hot rods. NOT JUST for the CCC.

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2019 at 8:33 PM, BrianBM said:

Dan, a question about the CCC environs, rather than the rods (which do interest me). I can't hack the riprap that lines most of the Canal, for physical reasons. Is there bottom structure, appropriate for jigging, within reach of the open beaches at the ends of the canal?  

If there's a bunny slope, I need to find it. 

Yes at the maritime academy, there’s a little beach and very mellow jetty but I believe they are closed at night. Honestly brother, I don’t know the extent of your physical limitations , but there’s plenty of spots along the canal that given the right tide and a set of waders (you would be shin deep at most) if you could simply make it down the rocks and onto the sediment bottom, you’d be perfect. I wear waders for 4 reasons.

1.) To get off the treacherous rocks and onto the sediment bottom for better footing

2.) To allow for a full back cast if I need to lean into the rod to reach fish

3.) To handle the fish in the water once landed

4.) To have a better angle when fighting the fish when they head downtide and hug the rocks 

9 hours ago, Dan_evan1 said:

Yes at the maritime academy, there’s a little beach and very mellow jetty but I believe they are closed at night. Honestly brother, I don’t know the extent of your physical limitations , but there’s plenty of spots along the canal that given the right tide and a set of waders (you would be shin deep at most) if you could simply make it down the rocks and onto the sediment bottom, you’d be perfect. I wear waders for 4 reasons.

1.) To get off the treacherous rocks and onto the sediment bottom for better footing

2.) To allow for a full back cast if I need to lean into the rod to reach fish

3.) To handle the fish in the water once landed

4.) To have a better angle when fighting the fish when they head downtide and hug the rocks 

One other problem is the parking. There are only 4 parking places at the Maritime and beleive me they ticket all the time.