Southcoastphil

A moment, please

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

During this weekend filled with sunshine, families, fishing, friends, food and laughter, I'll humbly ask that, at some point, one might pause for a moment to quietly express gratitude for those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

Amen 

thank you for your sacrifice so we all may be free .

i woke early this morning 3am to go fish and as i made the 1 mile walk to my spot , i looked out over the water seeing the sky just touching the edge . I said to myself what a beautiful sight what a beautiful place , then i thought of the men and women who gave there lives for everyone of us . So i can make this walk to go do what i love in a place that i love . Saying thank you seems so small compared to what they gave ! I can only hope thru my eyes everyone of them can see the beauty in this and know they did not die in vane! Thank you , thank you thank you!!

and thank you Phill for making this thread.

40E215D7-6562-4850-AF8A-0F498C78848B.jpeg

Chuck, 

It was my pleasure.

How can today not evoke so many memories, some of which are so eloquently captured in this brief, but famous, poem?

Flanders Fields.jpg

Well said gentlemen, I don’t get to fish or post as often as I’d like but  had to respond. So many take for granted what we have always had but it didn’t come cheap or easy.  Hate or like nascar I make it a point to watch the Memorial weekend race.  Each of the 40 cars racing have a banner on the windshield carrying a fallen servicemen's name. Throughout the broadcast the announcers take a moment periodically to tell the story behind how each were lost in battle. Truly humbling. Anyone on this site who served......thank you doesn’t seem enough. God bless

On 5/27/2019 at 1:24 PM, Southcoastphil said:

During this weekend filled with sunshine, families, fishing, friends, food and laughter, I'll humbly ask that, at some point, one might pause for a moment to quietly express gratitude for those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

Very nice Phil

On 5/27/2019 at 2:02 PM, shark lobster said:

Amen 

i woke early this morning 3am to go fish and as i made the 1 mile walk to my spot , i looked out over the water seeing the sky just touching the edge . I said to myself what a beautiful sight what a beautiful place , then i thought of the men and women who gave there lives for everyone of us . So i can make this walk to go do what i love in a place that i love . Saying thank you seems so small compared to what they gave ! I can only hope thru my eyes everyone of them can see the beauty in this and know they did not die in vane! Thank you , thank you thank you!!

Very nice thoughts and words Chuck. 

On 5/27/2019 at 2:02 PM, shark lobster said:

Amen 

I agree with you that your spots you showed me are some of the finest I've seen in any area. You are very fortunate to have all the fish out your back door. 

Thanks again for showing me the area. 

Somehow I am just getting to this awesome thread. Thank you to each and everyone of you who very poetically honored those men and women who have given all of us our freedom and these great United States. 

Today, 04JUN19, marks the 77th anniversary of the Battle of Midway, a tiny little speck of not much in the great blue Pacific. We floated by Midway in ‘94 off of our starboard bow and you bet your ass I made it top side to see it. Not much to look at but more than enough to think about. Amen and let us all keep our Greatest Generation in our thoughts and prayers each and every day!

Many important June dates re WWII.

The invasion of Normandy began on 6/6 (aka "D-Day").  I've been watching some of the D-Day videos on History Channel.  To call that footage chilling, especially on Omaha Beach, is a serious understatement.