What does #metoo do about MLK? Statues, School names, etc...

Rate this topic

Harf

1 min ago, hunter123 said:

I'm in the dark on this one. What happened with MLK.

I think he is getting at the number of mistresses the guy had, and that he thought rape was something to laugh about.

That, and #metoo do not exactly square up.

I think the progs will ignore it, and it will disappear down the memory hole. 

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

OK. Got it. Being 69 years old, and remembering when he was shot. There was a lot of stories of him unwinding stress with having sex with White woman.:beatin: Remember  , it was the dims that made him a god. I say tear them down, change the names. It's only fair. When teaching in the school where I work, I always have to put  him on a pedestal, right under God.:rav:

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

Great question.  Wonder what the Civil War statue haters here in PG would say about it?

I like what MLK stood for vis a vi civil rights.  I dont care who or how he ****ed.  He is a historical figure and all statues and kill zones, er I mean streets, named after him should stay.

Edited by Shipwreck

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

Daily Mail Secret FBI tapes that accuse Martin Luther King Jr of having extramarital affairs with ’40 to 45 women’ and even claim he ‘looked on and laughed’ as a pastor friend raped a parishioner exist, an author has claimed.

The civil rights hero was also heard allegedly joking he was the founder of the ‘International Association for the Advancement of P***y-Eaters’ on an agency recording that was obtained by bugging his room, according to the sensational claims made by biographer David Garrow – a Pulitzer prize-winning author and biographer of MLK.

Writing in British magazine Standpoint, Garrow says that the shocking files could lead to a ‘painful historical reckoning’ for the man who is celebrated across the world for his campaign against racial injustice.

Edited by Little

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

I love when liberals get hoisted on their own petards.  And it happens all the time.  Be interested to see the metoo and fems reaction.

The rumors about MLK were around for decades.  Of course, the rumors could have been started by racists/KKK types but there were a lot of them.  They didn't bother me at the time because they never got into anything forced or very young girls though that is what some of the rumors say.  I'm a Temple Grad so Bill Cosby was a big hero of mine and look at what he was doing when nobody was looking.

I hope we do not find any bad stuff vis a vis MLK's sexual liaisons.  If they were all willing, adult women, good for him.  Seriously.  Kind of hard on Ms. MLK though.

32 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

They're going to have to find new names for a lot of roads.....

I was on yet another MLK drive just yesterday that I had never been on previously.  

Guess what?  Its a rat infested ****hole!  Who'd a thunk it?

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

38 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

They're going to have to find new names for a lot of roads.....

I sure hope not.  How will I know which areas to avoid when I go to a new place if they rename MLK blvd?

Edited by jkrock

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

1 hour ago, Knight771 said:

I love when liberals get hoisted on their own petards.  And it happens all the time.  Be interested to see the metoo and fems reaction.

Agree, but the rxn will be crickets.   

1 hour ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Nothing will happen. No one will pursue this. They will be deemed racist if they do. 

This.  

1 hour ago, hamlet said:

The main problem is worshiping humans.

It's a fail from the beginning.

Good point.