The Salty Fisherman

TA Micro Mini Clips

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

I began using the larger size TA clips for surf casting early last year and fell in love with them. They are super easy to use and so efficient.  I was recently browsing a website and saw that tactical anglers offers a smaller (micro) clip.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience using them and how they overall liked them.  I am also curious how the size compares to the other clips that they make and when you would use one of the micro clips over the larger ones.  Thanks for any help.

Salty

This is a 50lb mini clip after only a few small schoolies and cocktail blues. Notice it started bending out. Drag was not locked down either. I'd probably use these and the micros for freshwater only.

20190526_004345.jpg

2 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

This is a 50lb mini clip after only a few small schoolies and cocktail blues. Notice it started bending out. Drag was not locked down either. I'd probably use these and the micros for freshwater only.

20190526_004345.jpg

I figured that they would be more for the freshwater application, however, that is disappointing to see.  I feel like a clip like that should not be bending on fish in that size category.  

18 mins ago, The Salty Fisherman said:

I figured that they would be more for the freshwater application, however, that is disappointing to see.  I feel like a clip like that should not be bending on fish in that size category.  

Same, they're very sleek and configured would help presentation with fluorocarbon, but if it did this on smaller fish I wouldn't trust it on a good size blue or bass. Shame.

wow,have not seen that happen after a few fish.

did see it after many sessions OTW though.

the ones I was using were 40lb and they deformed less than that after a few months of fish.

HH

1 hour ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

20190526_004345.jpg

Never deformed one  on a fish before.....from the micro to the larger.  takes quite a bit to deform them to where it's permanent.   Even still though...even at a bad angle it takes quite a bit. 

Both legs are deformed almost equally...sure it didn't happen on a snag?

I use the smallest ones on a twisted dropper loop to switch out teasers from white/daytime use to yellow/dusk and night/blurple. Never had any problems.

Sometimes For fluke, I’ll have the bucktail on the bottom larger clip and add a 4/0 gami hook to the smaller dropper loop clip and add a 5” gulp swimming mullet or 6” grub and slide the body over the eye and also smaller clip. Again, no problems.

59 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

I use the smallest ones on a twisted dropper loop to switch out teasers from white/daytime use to yellow/dusk and night/blurple. Never had any problems.

Good idea, I’ll have to give that a try.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Baitbucket said:

Curious if thats the result of fish or swapping out plugs?

Used one plug the whole night.

Edited by ThrowinPlugs

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Never deformed one  on a fish before.....from the micro to the larger.  takes quite a bit to deform them to where it's permanent.   Even still though...even at a bad angle it takes quite a bit. 

Both legs are deformed almost equally...sure it didn't happen on a snag?

Nope, no snags either.