codfish

2019 beach fishing the best I have ever seen

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have been beach fishing the last 10 years to start off the season, What I will say this is by far the best I have ever had as far as numbers and big fish and its not just me, my friends have been doing well all so, is the Outer Cape beach fishing back?? to the glory days of the past:):)

P5200577.JPG

Edited by codfish

I have not fished the Canal this year, I fish the outer Cape beaches at high tide this allows the bass to get close to shore, Depending on wind direction I chose what side of the Cape to fish:)

If an earthquake would move the outer cape an hour closer, id be there. 2.5 to 3 hrs one way makes it impractical. Plus there are plenty of good spots within an hr ride. Still, im jealous. :shaky:

If the Canal is a favorite spot I feel bad for you. I don’t beach fish I live in upper buzzards bay and I shoreline fish. Only live 1.3 miles from the Bay. Private access to some of the best shoreline around keeps me happily away from the mess at the Canal and all the shenanigans that have happened in the past few years. Also have a kayak that I have been out in for the last few weeks this is my playground 

7902B4B1-6D37-4297-A978-2A8C002B9D28.png

I hate to be the one that says it, but if  the fishing does return to form out there, you’ll more than likely look back on these types of posts with regret. Some people will flat out resent you for them.  A LOT of folks up and down the east coast are just waiting for that fishery to come back to life, myself included. I’d keep that slice of heaven preserved if I were you. As the old saying goes, loose lips sink ships. Just my .02

What time? What tide? Whats the best lure? Where's the best place? Are they all keepers? I hope I don't have to walk far. Can I use my 7' spinning rod? Can I leave a mess? Any 30 pounders?

More questions to follow.

4 hours ago, bob_G said:

What time? What tide? Whats the best lure? Where's the best place? Are they all keepers? I hope I don't have to walk far. Can I use my 7' spinning rod? Can I leave a mess? Any 30 pounders?

More questions to follow.

Top of the tide. Best is just aftet the turn, fish to 18 22 lbs, there hitting  pink bombers and wonderbread sp minnows.

The best fushing had been from the getto to the ballroom.

One beach has a bar that parallels the beach.

Last night i fished the low with no result 

I pretty much just fish the beach now......The best thing about the ditch is it is a jerk magnet.....Nothing better than fishing a beach at 2 am with an onshore breeze and being all alone......Love it!