codfish

2019 Ten Trap Lobster Report

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

so far we’ve laid out the pots, pulled out and checked the lines, repaired this and that, and re painted the buoys nice and bright... probably wont drop anything in for a couple weeks yet.

Water temp up my way are still just approaching 53 degrees, I'm itchy to get some pots soaking, may put 5 out this weekend. Gotta go through them still. $5.99 a pound? I don't like spending that much a week for bait, nothing beats your own freshies. Haven't been able to bring myself to buy lobster since I started fishing my own.

10 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

so far we’ve laid out the pots, pulled out and checked the lines, repaired this and that, and re painted the buoys nice and bright... probably wont drop anything in for a couple weeks yet.

Dito:)

Due to some family issues I wasn’t able to splash mine till yesterday. I found 3 of 4 from last year and snapped one off.

I launched 3 yesterday, rebuilt the 3 I found and launched them today. I checked yesterday’s traps and to my surprise I had 4 keepers in one trap on a 24 hour soak. Blanked in one trap and another keeper in my 3rd. 

5 keepers on 3 traps in a 24 hour soak is good to me!!!

501CA0FF-5BB0-44A2-8498-B6A31158981A.jpeg

17 mins ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

Due to some family issues I wasn’t able to splash mine till yesterday. I found 3 of 4 from last year and snapped one off.

I launched 3 yesterday, rebuilt the 3 I found and launched them today. I checked yesterday’s traps and to my surprise I had 4 keepers in one trap on a 24 hour soak. Blanked in one trap and another keeper in my 3rd. 

5 keepers on 3 traps in a 24 hour soak is good to me!!!

501CA0FF-5BB0-44A2-8498-B6A31158981A.jpeg

What depths you fishing? Hard bottom or sand?

36 mins ago, codfish said:

Bob your old Sea Ox boat is just a phone call away:laugh::laugh:

You're kidding!

She's still fishing. That was the first one on the Cape. Bought her in 1979. Some of my best fishing memories were in that boat.