LouieFish

Floating and sinking 4 1/2 in little neck

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I generally use the lighter weighted one (black eyes, not the even lighter green) for slower presentations and for calmer waters with less wind. The green eyed ones would probably be even better, as they'd float best while crawling it. The red eyed ones are great for those times with a stiff wind in your face. Worked very well during tropical storm Jose. The red eyed ones can also be used like a metal-lip swimmer when retrieved slowly with no popping below the surface. They cast so much better than the metal lips. Tie on an eel skin and it's even better. Give it a try. 

I use a blue & white sinking SS small neck at dawn-dusk in shallow turbulent waters.  Pretty much top water anything in general during this time/place.

Claimed many bass this way.

The floater is great for fishing the surface during daylight or low light. I like to pop pop, pause...pop pop, pause. 

And night, the sinker can be deadly. Bomb a cast out there and retrieve slowly. Is swims very nicely on or just under the surface. An added pop or two every so often can be the trigger. I especially like to rig an eel skin on the sinker and swim it just under the surface at night. Absolutely deadly. Doesn’t seem to matter whether calm of rough conditions. 

Love the 4 1/2” sinking model 1.5 oz. I prefer a single hook with a long feather off the back. Swimming them day and night is very effective.