Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Bourne Town Manager

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

did not have his contract renewed and the town will be looking for a new one. Given all of the many controversy of late especially the one with the new platform for a railroad stop under the Bourne Bridge, that the selectman did not know about , let alone the injury at the new playground has taken it toll . on the patients of those incharge  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Tom had a good run as town administrator.  14 years is not too shabby considering who your dealing with.

 

Easy to accumulate enemies in the public sector.  Recent accusations of fraud by Vinny M didn't help matters.

Edited by Joe G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

you have to be a bit of a sadomasochist to want a job like that....

Just focus on the money, and bennys and money and bennys…………….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Just focus on the money, and bennys and money and bennys…………….

What bernie said.

That was a helluvagood paying job. Some jobs have a shelf life, and I think he reached his. 14 years at that pay, I'd say he did well.

Edited by bob_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Just focus on the money, and bennys and money and bennys…………….

 

Only wished he had allowed Uber to operate in Bourne.  Was impossible to find reliable transportation in that town.     :dismay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, bob_G said:

What bernie said.

That was a helluvagood paying job. Some jobs have a shelf life, and I think he reached his. 14 years at that pay, I'd say he did well.

Absolutely on the 14  years part 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe G said:

 

Only wished he had allowed Uber to operate in Bourne.  Was impossible to find reliable transportation in that town.     :dismay:

Take the train...………………...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, b-ware said:

Take the train...………………...

Or better yet, Give em a wave and take the bus...…………………..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Joe G said:

 

Only wished he had allowed Uber to operate in Bourne.  Was impossible to find reliable transportation in that town.     :dismay:

Joe, tell us more about this...………………………..

 

PS even though he thought he was the Mayor, he was an errand boy (so to speak) for the BOS just like every other Town Manager...………...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, b-ware said:

Joe, tell us more about this...………………………..

 

......………...

 

Bernie....there is no decent transportation for folks, who occasionally like myself, want to get around in Boozads Bhey.  No Uber, no Lyft, nothing.  Not at all like Boston.  Tommy G. said no, he will not allow those companies to operate in "his town."

 

I did call one locally advertised transportation service....last three digits 398 I believe.....some time back asking to be picked up.  Guy who answered told me to call Uber.  :banghd:

 

I hope the new town administrator will bring the town into the 20th century.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, b-ware said:

Joe, tell us more about this...………………………..

 

PS even though he thought he was the Mayor, he was an errand boy (so to speak) for the BOS just like every other Town Manager...………...

Right you are bernie. An errand boy, but with a CEO salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

46 mins ago, Joe G said:

 

Bernie....there is no decent transportation for folks, who occasionally like myself, want to get around in Boozads Bhey.  No Uber, no Lyft, nothing.  Not at all like Boston.  Tommy G. said no, he will not allow those companies to operate in "his town."

 

I did call one locally advertised transportation service....last three digits 398 I believe.....some time back asking to be picked up.  Guy who answered told me to call Uber.  :banghd:

 

I hope the new town administrator will bring the town into the 20th century.

 

 

 

If that is true, the selectmen made that decision not Tommy G.  If you need a ride from Boston to Bourne nobody can stop any of the ride hailing services at the town line...…………..  

 

PS as far as I know, Uber and the other ride services do not need a permit to operate anywhere as they are private vehicles subscribing to a brokerge

Edited by b-ware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.