JaseB

Newest Social Media Low...

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

"It's my birthday and in honor of me, I want you to donate your money to the charity of my choice that does great things for randomn people or things you've never heard of, or could care less about!"

Turrible.

Posted (edited) · Report post

My kids have done this for years. Don’t buy cheap Chinese toys as a gift to our birthday party, donate to St. Jude’s. We set up a website with a link in the evite. Then whatever single gift my kids really want like a bike or a fishing pole, we buy for them. 

Have you ever seen the absolute crap that people bring as gifts to kids birthday parties? 95% lasts one day then breaks and gets thrown out.

I'm a big giver to St. Jude’s. God forbid any of our kids have to suffer like those kids. 

Edited by blastwater

1 min ago, blastwater said:

My kids have done this for years. Don’t buy cheap Chinese toys as a gift to our birthday party, donate to St. Jude’s. We set up a website with a link in the evite. Then whatever single gift my kids really want like a bike or a fishing pole, we buy for them. 

Have you ever seen the absolute crap that people bring as gifts to kids birthday parties? 95% lasts one day then breaks and gets thrown out.

I'm all about your idea.   This is in reference to well off adults asking for a donation total of $2,000 in honor of their birthday when they could find that in between their seat cushions.

It’s stupid and generally self-promotion. 

I get a sense of satisfaction when they fall well short of the goal. 

I’ll give to someone running a race or doing walk for a charity which requires effort, but am not giving just because you turned 39. 

11 mins ago, Tom T said:

Jase got auto corrected to has it's.

I like it.

You must have a 'Petting Zoo' Jobs phone.. 

16 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

It’s stupid and generally self-promotion. 

I get a sense of satisfaction when they fall well short of the goal. 

I’ll give to someone running a race or doing walk for a charity which requires effort, but am not giving just because you turned 39. 

Agree.