fishing pete

Whats going on this weekend?

Rate this topic

265 posts in this topic

I am taking my girl and her bff out in a skiff Friday for the fluke opener. I should double up on the goof balls. Wish me luck.

Montauk with the family on Friday. Finally get a chance to use the road bike for real. Take the kids fishing off the beach, work on the boat, few cold beers then a bbq. Go to bed early then sleep late. Rinse, Repeat. 

7 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

Remember. They have bladders the size of a peanut. 

8 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

7 mins ago, jmlandru said:

Fluke?

Yep fluke.

Low tide at 6 am. Adria and I have it down. I am taking them out for Adrias birthday so I got no beef doing what they want to do. They are getting a guided trip. Hopefully it wont be to bad on Friday. I will be the only guy fishing with 2 girls in my boat. so I got that going for me. LOL

2 mins ago, fishing pete said:

I will be the only guy fishing with 2 girls in my boat. so I got that going for me. LOL

Part of me is envious of you, part of me feels sorry for you. 

Best of luck. 

3 mins ago, blastwater said:

Part of me is envious of you, part of me feels sorry for you. 

Best of luck. 

LOL Adria wants to fish. Its nice.Fresh salt what ever. She kicked ass sea bass fishing Saturday. We walk and cast on fresh water lakes for hours. She got a little poison ivy. She listens to me. She is a good partner.

Her friend is sitting on the bow Age is incharge. I will keep the motor running so I cant hear any thing. Tie knots drink beer. Fish a little. I can do that.

5 mins ago, fishing pete said:

I will keep the motor running so I cant hear any thing. Tie knots drink beer. Fish a little. I can do that.

Brilliant !!!!

I'll be out with our cameraman for an opening day show. The man has been doing this for about twenty years and still has absolutely no clue as to what fishing is or about. Good guy but not a clue and it doesn't stop with fishing. Two years ago we were loading up for a float rig show and we sat in the boat at the dock while he tested his equipment. did a sound check and it was good. Then he checked his camera and had a problem. I was sitting on the bench seat in the stern checking my tackle and looking back towards the motor while he fidgeted around until he finally said. We may need to use your smaller camera because this one isn't working. Been with him long enough that I didn't even have to turn around. Did you take your lens cap off?  

Good luck Pete. I may do some fishing, I may take in the lacrosse finals at the Linc. Historically this has been the week for tide runners. 

Planning to get out on the lake in this funabout that I bought last weekend.  

Sunday afternoon is the grand opening of a friend’s new outdoor concert venue and I’m sure I’ll be volunteered for something. 

Monday is my wife’s 50th birthday. 

Full weekend. 

BEC522F5-6A69-4AC7-8362-267610313225.jpeg