Jerzjuice

Surf fishing sharks

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone had any pointers for me sharking from the beach. Have done it have caught plenty of sandbars and duskys but would like to really get into it. Targeting anything from 4–10 ft max ST’s. Was looking at the tsunami air wave elite 12 ft extra heavy 6-12 oz lure and 30-65 lb line anyone have any tips???

I was considering an Okuma Longitude 12' H spinning and a Daiwa BG 8000 for sharking this summer but not sure if I'd want to go heavier on the rod. I never have targeted sharks before and I don't plan on yakking my baits out. How far do you guys normally cast for them? 

2 hours ago, Jerzjuice said:

Was wondering if anyone had any pointers for me sharking from the beach. Have done it have caught plenty of sandbars and duskys but would like to really get into it. Targeting anything from 4–10 ft max ST’s. Was looking at the tsunami air wave elite 12 ft extra heavy 6-12 oz lure and 30-65 lb line anyone have any tips???

Ya lost me at Duskys from the beach in nj...if your catching them we need pointers from you.

What County are you fishing in? I'm in CMC.  I have also had luck with sandbars in the past but looking to hopefully target other types this coming summer - hooked into a few that I couldn't turn last July/August wonder what they were...

On 5/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, glos said:

man that fish eye isn`t at all "fish eye"

It’s a pic of a bass eye? I fish for bass from the surf, i dont shark fish or use bait at all just lures 

Check put the tsunami sapphire, probably a lot cheaper than airwave. Your shark rod does not need bt be light.  65lb braid with a 8'-10' 100lb mono leader and 12" wire leader to a 10/0 circle hook. Any fresh cut fish will do.