stonerod

Buying for Resale

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone buy used fishing tackle for resale? ...... or knows someone who does.

I don't want a bunch of Craigslister's knowing my address and Ebay is going to take too long.

Suggestions?

Someone just posted up a bulk lot in the BST pg right here and moved it all in one shot.  But your going to have to meet someone at some point for the pickup and that involves providing your address. 

People from craigslist are lots of things. Fickle, low ballers, tire kickers, unreliable etc. Dangerous is not very common at all. However if you dont feel comfortable why not just meet at a public space for the transaction?

I am pretty sure buying tackle on the BST forums here for the sole purpose of reselling it for profit is greatly frowned upon...........

Just some friendly advise.......

There are lots of weirdos on this site too, but they're nicer weirdos like me :p Just let us know once it's on the BST, there are a lot of folks here who like to buy stuff they don't need. And when you use the word "Bulk" or "Lot" in the posting title, just see the number of hits. Best of luck. 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, fishless said:

Someone just posted up a bulk lot in the BST pg right here and moved it all in one shot.  But your going to have to meet someone at some point for the pickup and that involves providing your address. 

The same guy that started this thread put up a huge load of stuff on the B/S/T 4 hours ago.  It seems obvious what he's doing.

Stone, you can get an app called google voice to get a different phone number than you currently use for privacy. It ties to your current number and can talk or text using it. It’s afree app and free use. 

The craigslist/facebook market place meetups are done in public locations. I’ll have people meet me in supermarket or sheriffs locations. Also check around there are meetup locations with cameras installed, normally around police/township buildings. Goggles search with produce this info. 

All transactions are done with cash only, no checks or money orders. 

Be ready to walk away from the deal, they all don’t go as expected for what you agreed on. I only have this much with me is a normal last minute, try to get it cheaper ploy. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

saltfisherman,

Thank you for the info......

As a background: I was a charter captain, several mates, avid fisherman and a "dumb ass" collector who had to have everything because the fish demanded it. 

I've tried meeting people at the WAWA but I have too much to sell to make that many trips or carry that many items back and forth.

Since I'm selling due to a physical disability I thought I'd start with the guys/gals on SOL.  I've received your support before when soliciting for the Club.

I have a photo list which is growing daily......

Edited by Sudsy
That needs to stay in the BST