Dan Tinman

Jigs and Bucktails for Fluke

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here's a few listings for bucktails and jigs for mostly light tackle, shallow water fluking.  

The first is Wobble Jigs.  These have become popular for Fluke in the surf, inlets, rivers and other inshore areas.  Fish them as delivered with the soft plastic tail and a small strip of squid added or the best way is to replace the plastic with a Berkeley Gulp! 4" swimming mullet.  They are available in three sizes and 4 colors standard but if possible "specials" are accommodated.  Here's pricing and a picture.

3/8 oz = $1.25 ea

5/8 oz = $1.50 ea

1 oz = $2.00 ea

shipping is extra.

fullsizeoutput_14b.jpeg.0ab095010ffc3428f86403ae471b38f8.jpeg

Next up is the Sparkie bucktail.  These are a true "forward balance" bucktail that works well in the same situations as the wobble jig but is more compact and holds the bottom better then the wobble jig. As with almost all bucktails for fluke "mouth appeal" matters so adding a small strip of squid is a good idea.  Also because of the better bottom holding ability these are better suited to adding a teaser 12 to 18 inches ahead of the jig.  Standards include four sizes and six colors/combinations as pictured.  As always "specials" will be accommodated.  Pricing and picture.

!/2 oz = 3.75 ea

3/4 oz = 3.85 ea

1 oz = 4.15 ea

1 1/2 oz = 4.75 ea

Sparkies.JPG.47b3f5c436eb43b1cedce9687de9e8a4.JPG

Now we come to a larger version of the Wobble jig.  Since I started making the smaller version of these guys were always asking for bigger ones.  Here they are.  Bigger and tied with deer hair these are better suited for deeper water.  As before add strip squid or, better yet, a larger size Berkeley Gulp! grub tail.  I wouldn't be surprised to find these work well for Stripers too.  Four sizes and six colors are standard.  Pricing and picture.

1 oz = 4.50 ea

2 oz = 5.50 ea

3 oz = 7.00 ea

4 oz = 8.50 ea

IMG_3211.jpg.60aaee4d24455efe5890f2930694d3c1.jpg

Edited by Dan Tinman

Hi Dan,

I’d like 3 white Sparkie bucktails in 1/2, 3/4 and 1oz. Nine total.  My address is:

Eric Powell

322 Daretown Rd

Elmer, NJ 08318

Thanks

23 mins ago, Dookiespop said:

Hi Dan,

I’d like 3 white Sparkie bucktails in 1/2, 3/4 and 1oz. Nine total.  My address is:

Eric Powell

322 Daretown Rd

Elmer, NJ 08318

Thanks

PM on the way.

Ok Dan... here goes...

sparkies

2-3/4 oz white   2-3/4oz nuclear chicken

wobbleheads (no hair)

3-5/8 oz pearl        3-1oz pearl

swimbait heads

3- 3/4oz chartreuse   3- 1 oz white