chris koltz

Drug testing for welfare recipients ?

Rate this topic

395 posts in this topic

I heard multiple states are going to start drug testing welfare recipients.I have not gave it a lot of consideration but my first thought is if you can force employed people to test you might as well test the unemployed. Curious what you guys think.

They are basically employees of the government,  they just get the money for doing nothing. Some will say what's the difference  !

They tried this in a few states and it didn’t weed out as large a percentage of recipients as one would think

The cost of implementing the system will be well paid for by the savings of dope fiends and crackheads not draining the system. Two tests that would cost the state maybe $200 to administer to potentially save $1k+ a month? Good shoot 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I guess only time will tell. The reality is the gummit will just route that money elsewhere rather than taxes being reduced, but at least I’ll get the warm fuzzies knowing a junky is not heating up a spoon or stem with a lighter they bought with the sweat of my brow 

Edited by chessie_yaker

Should have been done a long time ago but I’m sure now it will cost us 5x more for the government to do it. Then they would probably give them 3 chances to clean up and go though more government paid classes if they want it back so I don’t know...

If we provide them housing, they sublet space. The food stamps get sold on the street. The ebt cards get passed around. I saw this

one family with a loaded cart, needed help with aunts pin #, which store overrided versus having to restock from cart. 

i would agree with testing if it saved money.