NJTramcar

Sea Isle Fluke Fishing

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I typically rent a boat and fish the back between Avalon and TI areas but the boat rental places on the south end are not answering their phones or returning calls.

Thinking of fishing from Whale Creek Marina int he back and over towards Corson but never have before.

Should I rent a boat and give up a 20-30 minutes sailing to my know spots or is Corson's area worth it for fluke?  I've only read about stripers there but found a rental dock online near there.

Some nice channels by Whale creek 6 - 15 feet of water that should be holding fluke. I would be very careful taking a small rent boat around corsens unless it is a very calm day. Not only does the current rip through there but boat traffic this weekend will be insane. I usually won't hit the inlets for fluke until end of June when the water starts to warm up.

I generally fish back there earlier in the season and head towards the inlets.   I was out there last Sunday looking for blues and people on the boat caught a few flatties.

There are locations in SIC where you can rent and access some of the creeks and channels behind SIC in the 40s through Strathmere.

I don't really know how good Strathmere area fishing is !!!!!!!!!     BUT I have 9000 fluke swimming around with a yellow ALS tag in them caught and released in Strathmere area .   Whale Creek marina can provide excellent info AND you don't have to go far to find them

SIC....ugh.  It had its days. Beaches out front are wrecked. The bay is full of jet skis now. Early and really late at night are the only options. 

As stated fishing Strathmere is one of my favorite places. Not incredibly different to learn you should be able to get a few fish no problem.