WTS TFO Axiom II and Mangrove Rods and Redington Behemoth

dthawks

I've decided I need/want to part ways with my backup rods. All rods were used in freshwater, no exposure to salt. Not looking for trades and prices are firm. Descriptions for each below:

Axiom II 9' 8wt. This rod is in great condition, bought new last year. I honestly think I've used it once for largemouth, and I didn't even catch anything on it, so it's waiting for some slime to be put on it. Because I have this rod in the 10wt version as well, I wrote "8wt" in sharpie on the top of the tube. $260.00 shipped.

Mangrove 9' 7wt. Rod is in good condition. Also bought new last year. Used this a few more times than the other two I'm selling, but maybe a dozen times. Was used as a smallmouth rod. Does come with the case, which the Mangrove doesn't come standard with. No scratches, typical dingy handle. $200.00 shipped.

Axiom II 9' 10wt. Again, rod is in good condition, bought new along with the 8wt. Used this on one musky trip, which I didn't catch any, but had some follows, so it does have that going for it! As mentioned above, I wrote "10wt" in sharpie to identify it from the 8wt quickly. $280 shipped. 

Lastly, I have a backup/loaner 5/6 size Redington Behemoth I'd like to sell. Used once, has one tiny scuff I tried to highlight in the photo, otherwise in great shape. Has 100 yards of red SA 20lb dacron backing. $75.00

Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for looking!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

On the tfo axiom 2 10wt isthe cork handle smaller than normal?  I have the 7wt in this rod and like it, but the cork grip is really small, it sort of works on a 7wt but i would think it would not be great on a 10wt.  Also can you describe the action and backbone of the 10wt?  Think it would throw a 400gr sinking line?  Could it handle a 40lb tarpon?

thanks

6 hours ago, mightyrime said:

On the tfo axiom 2 10wt isthe cork handle smaller than normal?  I have the 7wt in this rod and like it, but the cork grip is really small, it sort of works on a 7wt but i would think it would not be great on a 10wt.  Also can you describe the action and backbone of the 10wt?  Think it would throw a 400gr sinking line?  Could it handle a 40lb tarpon?

thanks

I would say it’s smaller. It’s the same size as 8wt, which I assume is the same size as your 7wt. It’s the only 10wt I’ve ever used, so I don’t have much to compare it to. However, when I used it for musky I was throwing an SA Cold 25 400gr. and it handled it well. Albeit, I was also throwing 10 inch musky flies which aren’t easy by any measure, but yeah it can handle the 400 gr. TFO rates this as their rod with the most “lifting” power, but I’m not sure how that’ll relate to 40lb tarpon...