scoobydoo

New 2019 Stradic FL

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was the first to leak it on the interwebs a week ago.......and this was my 3am ramblings going over what I thought of it.  Looks like I got a bunch right including the long stroke spool :)  

and this is the vid that just dropped.  Directly from shimano singapore......I swear when he does the close up on the x protect.   He did so because I thought it said x ship :)   lolol

Edited by scoobydoo

I had such thoughts about my beef with you tube moderators, or was it computer

algorithms

and as a consequence thought that google logo changes had something to say to me when changed

I m liking the new look how about you? Side note there’s a large retailer who has the current/old old model on sale for the next two days. Check your emails for that sale and actually look. Good things come to those who desire, are patient and get after it. 

Edited by jeffapeikin

Stradic FK’s on sale at some of the major retailers right now.

Think the big C and the big BP.

Looks like they are clearing stock for the new model.

For anyone interested in this reel, the specs are shown on Shimano’s EU web site...

Along with the New 2019 Vanquish FB (please bring to the states.... LOL! :p)

Long stroke spool... awesome!!! 

Did I see a one piece handle on this? If so, that’s pretty cool as well... :th:

Edited by TJones

8 hours ago, TJones said:

Long stroke spool... awesome!!! 

Did I see a one piece handle on this? If so, that’s pretty cool as well... :th:

Yeah, this will further diminish the Stella sales not to mention killing the Sustain and Twinpower sales. The FK is a great reel. With long stroke spool that was only previously available on the $500 reel and even better x protect sealing, the FL is going to be their biggest seller. MSRP still around $200?

The 4000 size comes in at 9.1 oz. This will be one nice long casting 10 lbs braid setup that should pair well with a 7'6 rod.

Edited by aquaholik

1 hour ago, aquaholik said:

Yeah, this will further diminish the Stella sales not to mention killing the Sustain and Twinpower sales. The FK is a great reel. With long stroke spool that was only previously available on the $500 reel and even better x protect sealing, the FL is going to be their biggest seller. MSRP still around $200?

The 4000 size comes in at 9.1 oz. This will be one nice long casting 10 lbs braid setup that should pair well with a 7'6 rod.

Right on! I definitely look forward to picking one of these up... :th:

What's the foot angle? I like them but have had problems with what feels like your reeling in a metal lip the whole rod tip would shake. I cant get past that feeling  it drives me crazy

3 hours ago, ChasingTales said:

What's the foot angle? I like them but have had problems with what feels like your reeling in a metal lip the whole rod tip would shake. I cant get past that feeling  it drives me crazy

The width of the spool should be too small for that to matter in the Stradic 1000-5000.

1 hour ago, aquaholik said:

The width of the spool should be too small for that to matter in the Stradic 1000-5000.

You would  think but I had it happen  on a gossa 5k and the ultegra 55k xtc

Edited by ChasingTales