Rod Rack

Rate this topic

Poppi

Has anyone found a good commercial rack for an SUV for 11 and 12-foot rods that look good and won't break the bank? My Highlander has rails and cross bars. But I don't want to go the 1 by 3 clamp on route

Poppi
"Madam, I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and in the morning I shall be sober."

Rod Loft Pro used to be pretty good. Not sure if it's made any longer but I had a couple of 'em. Worked really well but then I just got lazy and stopped hanging rods in the rack amd just threw them in as a big bundle. Hanging them in a rack is much neater and safer. Man, I'm getting lazy.

Edited by valentine

This is the best one I have found but its 190.00 on Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/GearRAK-Ultimate-Fishing-Transportation-System/dp/B07C7YZ3XT/ref=sr_1_50?keywords=fishing+rod+holder+for+SUV&qid=1558203022&s=gateway&sr=8-50

I think it is cheaper than the Racarod also but looks pretty much on the same idea

81+ZE+ZJqlL._SL1500_.jpg

81KOuxSIXOL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Poppi

Poppi
"Madam, I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and in the morning I shall be sober."

Racarod is the nicest imo, but any ski racks do the job just fine. Having a 2nd setup rigged up only saves you a couple minutes tops when switching so if theft is a concern you can just leave your extra reels in the car.

(*member formerly known as 'Always_NoFo')

Not cheap but if you are looking for total protection and enclosure look up SpaceTube by SpaceKap. Had one since 02 on my SpaceKap and comes in multiple lengths, still looks new. Certainly not for everyone but doubt many know it exists.