icarussound

Skinner has an outback

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Right place, right time ! Luck!   Fish Hard!

Edited by The Riddler

skinner lives in fishin Mecca. U drop things into those waters, you gonna get hits.

On a slow day, out of season, when I fire up utube app on me TV and it offers a new vid from skinner, just might watch bunch of LI old timers havin fun.

16 hours ago, Slappy said:

My love for fishing has always been about breaking down and solving the problems presented by the different fisheries, not necessarily about catching a fish.  Other people just want to go out and catch something and they're happy to be told what to do.

I wouldn't discount the value of being able to learn from other people's techniques and more importantly to understand why those strategies are successful for them.  If you watch Skinner's videos and read his books they are much more about problem solving strategies and how to match tackle and technique to conditions.  Same could be said for Buddha's and Elias' videos.  On the water trial and error is a great way to learn, but if you can apply strategies learned from others you are more likely to be successful.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:55 PM, TheBlueLine said:

Edited.

I don’t know him personally, but I did buy and currently finishing his 2 books (from Amazon Kindle). 

I also enjoy his videos.

It’s just good to hear/ see ones fishing experiences esp from the same areas in Long Island.

He's done a lot to advance the sport on many fronts...boat, kayak, and land. I think his preaching (and doing) about releasing the big ones is a great message. It's nice to have a relatively local person in local waters being successful with local fish vs the tired Florida/keys bonefish/snook theme. 

2 hours ago, Pauleye said:

It's nice to have a relatively local person in local waters being successful with local fish vs the tired Florida/keys bonefish/snook theme. 

Just so. It's why I have far less interested Elias's videos now. Dropping chunks of crab on a reef is only a small part of fishing up here. When he was fishing the same New York City waters that I do, he had my full attention.