icarussound

Skinner has an outback

65 posts in this topic

First book I read after getting back into fishing was Skinners bucktail book, now that’s mostly what I fish - learned how to make my first few from the book also. So I follow Skinner on YouTube despite living in Florida.

Anyway it’s interesting that he just got a 2019 outback.

13 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Yeah he did. If everyone could afford them, they'd all have them. No reason not to.

I can afford one, I don't have one. Does that make us less of an angler if we don't have a 19 Outback to go along with the Get Along Gang? :laugh:

Edited by The Riddler

I guess so. Also means if you cant find salmon red gulp you cant jig giant fluke.  I dont have one either, and I could afford one. I shouldn't have said it that way. Just gets under my skin when its "skinner does this, skinner does that". 

"Who cares" is what I shouldve said

42 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

I guess so. Also means if you cant find salmon red gulp you cant jig giant fluke.  I dont have one either, and I could afford one. I shouldn't have said it that way. Just gets under my skin when its "skinner does this, skinner does that". 

"Who cares" is what I shouldve said

I knew what you meant. The get along gang power is strong. We need rogue folks to inject new ideas or else the forum goes boring. Tuco does not exist without a Good and Bad.....the faction must get stronger.

Admittedly I'd love one, but I dont wanna deal with the weight and honestly paddling keeps me out of trouble. I know if I could just pedal away I'd be way farther out than I'd realize instead of thinking "man I'm pretty far out and dont wanna paddle anymore." Lol

Edited.

I don’t know him personally, but I did buy and currently finishing his 2 books (from Amazon Kindle). 

I also enjoy his videos.

It’s just good to hear/ see ones fishing experiences esp from the same areas in Long Island.

Edited by TheBlueLine

Hmmm. You American fisher people are a prickly bunch. Perhaps you’ve met Skinner and just don’t like him. Me, I’ve learned a lot from his books and the bucktail book hit my zone - coming from Scottish fly fishing in my youth where for example shrimp, dead or alive, is illegal for Salmon fishing and artificials are all you use. But of course maybe you are masters and know everything.

Ill be very interested in Skinners techniques and ideas now that he has what I have.

2 hours ago, icarussound said:

First book I read after getting back into fishing was Skinners bucktail book, now that’s mostly what I fish - learned how to make my first few from the book also. So I follow Skinner on YouTube despite living in Florida.

Great book & I fish a lot of Bucktail in Florida but as the North East popular heavy , I go much down in weight 1/8 oz & not more than a 1/2 oz . If presented in the right movement of water its a killer for just about every species those Gulf waters I fish included Tarpon . Elephants eat peanuts .  

ROTFFLMFAO, but I do have a different perspective on the JS Lovefest in that I fish with John Skinner's older, and far wiser brother; he just doesn't pimp things like John, often using tackle that he buys at garage sales and pawn shops.  Not saying that John isn't a great fisherman, he is, but I don't need to run out and buy the newest gear he's touting.  

Edited by Roccus7

4 hours ago, icarussound said:

Why do you find that interesting?