Riptide

Way to go EPO!

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

what the hell does he expect to gain from those fish? is he really gonna filet and freeze/eat it all? does he own a sub shop and sees the opportunity to sell 12 orders of fish n chips with it?

There' was an "alleged herring poacher"caught by an 

epo in Easthamn Saturday.There is a picture of the herring in the guys net on Cape Cod today.

Finally some justice is served. I saw a guy doing this last year. I called him out but it was 1:30am in Boston and just him and I under a sketchy bridge. I wanted to knock him out and throw all the fish back in the water... Not worth it though. After the confrontation I walked off and watched from a distance- he abruptly took off in his car because he probably thought I had called the authorities.

I think we need to bring back crucifitions for poachers. Leave a couple guys dangling at the canal and things will turn around real quick 

3 hours ago, The1true1 said:

what the hell does he expect to gain from those fish? is he really gonna filet and freeze/eat it all? does he own a sub shop and sees the opportunity to sell 12 orders of fish n chips with it?

He didn't even put that much thought into it. He was going to take those fish back to where ever he came from, and try and give them away to anyone who'll take them off his hands. It's all about looking like a great fisherman. If all else fails, he'll chuck them in a dumpster. Doesn't matter, after all, they're free.

Seems like this is a catching thing as it was recently reported that some one fishing the east end had four bass in a five gallon bucket . This is like the second or third time reports are filtering in on a local face book page . Those who made the reports were all informed as to what they can do and the EPO numbers were posted and not do. In another time they would have taken a nice bath in salt water , but we are a more civilized people today and do nor do such things.

16 hours ago, captahab416 said:

I think we need to bring back crucifitions for poachers. Leave a couple guys dangling at the canal and things will turn around real quick 

why not just cut off 1 hand for the first offense. :D

Posted (edited) · Report post

On The Water has a new article on their website about a bunch of different poachers that have been busted in MA already this year.  These poachers are getting out of control. 

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post commercial links here - thanks :-)

What remains to be seen is if the judges slap hefty fines on these violation once they reach the courts. Or, if they let the violators off with a slap on tbe wrist,  token fines, and a promise to never do it again.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, Angler #1 said:

Not until they are prosecuted and fined will they then show pictures

Funny how that works. Many local and state PD facebook pages have no problems posting the photos of recent arrests; before they are found guilty and prosecuted. News agencies have no problems with plastering peoples pictures up before they are proven guilty as well. Yet the MA EPO has some type of moral integrity to not do so?

My guess is it has nothing to do with that and more to do with fishing/wildlife violations being considered a joke by a large percent of the population. I have met so many people that don't fish or hunt that think its "ridiculous" that people have catch limits or bag limits for fishing and hunting. The judges in this state pretty much look at it as a waste of their time in most instances because a large majority of the crimes committed get either tossed or the absolute minimum. 

9 mins ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Funny how that works. Many local and state PD facebook pages have no problems posting the photos of recent arrests; before they are found guilty and prosecuted. News agencies have no problems with plastering peoples pictures up before they are proven guilty as well. Yet the MA EPO has some type of moral integrity to not do so?

My guess is it has nothing to do with that and more to do with fishing/wildlife violations being considered a joke by a large percent of the population. I have met so many people that don't fish or hunt that think its "ridiculous" that people have catch limits or bag limits for fishing and hunting. The judges in this state pretty much look at it as a waste of their time in most instances because a large majority of the crimes committed get either tossed or the absolute minimum. 

Sadly, most fishing violations are treated at best like a parking ticket in our judicial system. 

And it's no coincidence that many who don't fish or hunt think conservation measures are "ridiculous" or simply don't care. This is the tide we are swimming against.  :dismay:

7 hours ago, bdowning said:

Sadly, most fishing violations are treated at best like a parking ticket in our judicial system. 

Parking and driving violations probably have bigger fines than the poachers will actually have to pay. It’s ridiculous. 

On 5/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, FizzyFish said:

why not just cut off 1 hand for the first offense. :D

That would make it a lot harder to crucify 'em for the second offense.