Angler #1

Railroad stop

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

under the Bourne bridge is about to be completed. This should cause a few discussions among the fishing brethren that use this area to fish

35 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

under the Bourne bridge is about to be completed. This should cause a few discussions among the fishing brethren that use this area to fish

What is it? 

1 hour ago, gray gables said:

What is it? 

It is a platform so that when the train stops the passengers can get on or off. Right at the Parking area next to the tracks . I wonder how long befor the fence goes up?

So the parking lot under the Bourne Bridge will now have to accommodate parking for train passengers. This along with the normal, heavy daily in season foot and vehicular traffic for prople looking to walk, fish and bike the canal?

I don't know if that tiny area can handle all that? Something tells me the abutters are not up to speed on this.

26 mins ago, bob_G said:

So the parking lot under the Bourne Bridge will now have to accommodate parking for train passengers. This along with the normal, heavy daily in season foot and vehicular traffic for prople looking to walk, fish and bike the canal?

I don't know if that tiny area can handle all that? Something tells me the abutters are not up to speed on this.

What do you think will be the reaction when they place one under the Sagamore near the glass place?   More people that do not have cars will be transported to the canal to fish . The trains have places for bikes now . I can see a full scale attempt by Mr. Carr to increase the numbers of those who will visiting the canal in the near future and the closing around where it will travel if it goes like the plans indicated a few years back . The immediate entry points will only be where the present gates are installed . Log jams for sure along with increase amounts of city folks fishing . The railroad own the right of way where the tracks are located , it sure is going to be a very interesting project to see unfold.

I took a ride there before dusk.  To my eyes it seems all parties thought this out. The dirt lot adjacent to the parking lot has been cleaned, graded and covered with crushed stone. New railings installed. Looks like the new lot could easily handle 35 cars.

I know the guest hosts for that area very well and I'll make it a point to look them up and get their take on it tomorrow.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:25 PM, bob_G said:

I know the guest hosts for that area very well and I'll make it a point to look them up and get their take on it tomorrow.

No doubt they will experience an uptick in time and effort in cleaning that area once that RR stop is operational.  Depending on their personalities, I suspect they will either be pleased or not pleased to do more work.

They will also be required to police that new parking lot as well....picking up all sorts of litter folks dump out of their vehicles.

More folks using bathroom facilities, more folks disposing of trash, more folks littering.  :(    

23 mins ago, Joe G said:

No doubt they will experience an uptick in time and effort in cleaning that area once that RR stop is operational.  Depending on their personalities, I suspect they will either be pleased or not pleased to do more work.

They will also be required to police that new parking lot as well....picking up all sorts of litter folks dump out of their vehicles.

More folks using bathroom facilities, more folks disposing of trash, more folks littering.  :(    

I know those Bourne Bridge folks well. They give Charlie rides in the golf cart.  

But it appears the days of their secluded enclave may be over once the city dwellers arrive on the cattle train.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, Angler #1 said:

….. Log jams for sure along with increase amounts of city folks fishing . 

Carl, as been written......build it and they will come.   :read:

Unfortunately, the days of Patti Page's Old Cape Cod are no longer.  :thdwn:

Fortunately though, those day tripping city folk will be out of your town by sundown.   :th: 

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

Carl, as been written......build it and they will come.   :read:

Unfortunately, the days of Patti Page's Old Cape Cod are no longer.  :thdwn:

Fortunately though, those day tripping city folk will be out of your town by sundown.   :th: 

Joe I can see a very different type of fisherman soon to be visiting our part of the Country . The tracks under the bridge go both ways and also from what I have learned it might well be going back in the other direction as well towards Falmouth . That remains to be seen . Judging from the large pile of long poles between The bridge and the radar station . make me wonder if they also will be installing some sort of barriers along the tracks ? No one is willing to speak about it yet?

The new installed railroad platform might be also used as some sort of Bus connecting stop ? That would make some sense as some towns down cape are looking at trying adding more transportation and bus lines have been mentioned in some of the editorials to get folks across to the other side, once the bridges are being worked on for replacement . This sure would circumvent some tie ups , but only time will tell> 

33 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

…. . Judging from the large pile of long poles between The bridge and the radar station . make me wonder if they also will be installing some sort of barriers along the tracks ? No one is willing to speak about it yet?

….. 

Carl, interesting you bring that up because I have some intel. but it is not related to installing barriers along the track.

Can't divulge where I got this, but its source is solid and within the Perry Ave rank and file.

Those long poles will be placed length wise, on the ground, parallel to and along Sandwich Rd. to inhibit fisherman from parking along both sides of certain sections of Sandwich Rd.....for one, think Split Rock.

A number of accidents, a few tragic, happened over the years from vehicle doors opening into oncoming traffic and fisherman dodging traffic, running across the road to and from the Canal.  

That road is downright dangerous during a heavy blitz, not only for the fisherman who choose to park along that road, but for the drivers as well.

7 hours ago, bob_G said:

I know those Bourne Bridge folks well. They give Charlie rides in the golf cart.  

But it appears the days of their secluded enclave may be over once the city dwellers arrive on the cattle train.

This sounds a bit like the "last over the bridge syndrome"  .  Do you think maybe some of these city dwellers came from Worcester before they got on the cattle train.

43 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

This sounds a bit like the "last over the bridge syndrome"  .  Do you think maybe some of these city dwellers came from Worcester before they got on the cattle train.

People from Worcester, aka The Kingdom, are among the chosen ones and welcome wherever they go.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, FizzyFish said:

Me thinks that they will be more from Boston  Brockton areas. Once the folks find out how simple it will be to be dumped along the canal to fish you can expect another whole new invasion of families out for a day o the water to ring home some fish