Martha’s Vineyard ?

Rate this topic

JohnP

Lobsterville beach, Menempsha Pond produce in the spring and the fall Derby is a great event to fish,

John you need to see if you can get at guide who wades the beaches.

Eaton town has ten great restaurants google them They are hi end expensive.

buy “Reading the Water” a popular MV book that you all about the spots and check amazon for  How To books on MV fishing 

Edited by RJ

Rj

Wash your mouth out with carbolic soap and warm water.

Why  would JohnP need a shore guide. Why would anyone need a shore guide.

We are supposed to be Anglers  not Passives doing as directed by another.

Where is the fun having another man hold your hand. Surely the essence of our sport is to find your own fish. Not fish by numbers.

It will be guides on the grooms honeymoon night next.

Cape fever Bob. Plus I am in day 23 of recovery.

Black dog on the run.

oly

JohnP I go out and fish the vineyard from shore a decent amount...just went out yesterday to fish / drop off some work at the gallery I'm in.  I flyfish and surf cast, whatever it is I enjoy it all.. I live right in falmouth.... 

without a car and local knowledge you will be at a huge disadvantage .  The vineyard is a very unique and amazing fishery, and while it has some similarities to the cape, but other parts of the vineyard are like a totally different world...

I can't say enough good things about COOP.  Spend a day with that LEGEND and you will absorb more knowledge in that day then years of trying to figure out the vineyard on your own...

good luck man, the vineyard is such a special place!

Edited by Fuzzytrout

One good reason to use a guide is because this guide will have all the needed

over sand driving permits,(you don't want to have to pay for these yourself),and

a guide such as Coop knows every inch of the island,what fish are there and when.

Correct,Tin Boat ?

I re read on the water a couple of years ago. I have the original printing I think. Got it a million years ago 

ive done the google earth analysis. Some spots clearly look like flood or drop 

not sure if all the good fishing is on the east on the chap sand. I’m cool to get the sand permit if needed but there look like plenty of other spots

as for bars I suspect there are a couple of decent laid back pubs where the ratio of range rovers to jeeps and pickups is tolerable 

13 hours ago, JohnP said:

Somehow after all these years never fished Martha’s before. So it looks like I’ll be up there late June / early July. 

Suggestions on places to fish and places to grab a brew?

John, just a walk down Main Street in Edgartown will find you many spots to stop and enjoy a brew, sandwich or dinner. And, the Sea Shanty at the harbor is always a great spot to be whether for lunch with a friend or drinks at night, with music, overlooking the harbor. We always stayed in Edgartown so don't know a lot about Vineyard Haven but I'm sure you'd have no problem enjoying a brew there as well, any time of day or night. VH is a bit less formal than Edgartown with lots of young people enjoying what the vineyard has to offer.

As for the fishing, please check your pms. Good luck!

7 mins ago, flysully said:

John, just a walk down Main Street in Edgartown will find you many spots to stop and enjoy a brew, sandwich or dinner. And, the Sea Shanty at the harbor is always a great spot to be whether for lunch with a friend or drinks at night, with music, overlooking the harbor. We always stayed in Edgartown so don't know a lot about Vineyard Haven but I'm sure you'd have no problem enjoying a brew there as well, any time of day or night. VH is a bit less formal than Edgartown with lots of young people enjoying what the vineyard has to offer.

As for the fishing, please check your pms. Good luck!

Thx

2 hours ago, troutworm said:

One good reason to use a guide is because this guide will have all the needed

over sand driving permits,(you don't want to have to pay for these yourself),and

a guide such as Coop knows every inch of the island,what fish are there and when.

Correct,Tin Boat ?

Definitely.

Agreed, numbskull: Yes, more likely fishing off the shore of Nantucket than the Vineyard. Seals on the surfline of Nantucket every 10' waiting for your albie hookup. 

And, not just Great Point. All along the shoreline leading from Wauwinet driveon. 

Haven't heard much about seals actually taking hooked albies on the vineyard although the seals are there, more offshore.