tomkaz

Barr: Public Needs to Know If Officials "put their thumb on the scale"

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Don’t you think this is an interesting choice of words? Like he knows what the answer might be but he’s getting the run around by FBI personnel? 

In an exclusive interview with Fox News, Attorney General William Barr explained that he is trying to get to the bottom of whether or not “government officials abused their power and put their thumb on the scale” during the early stages of the Russia probe.

"I’ve been trying to get answers to the questions and I've found that a lot of the answers have been inadequate and some of the explanations I've gotten don't hang together, in a sense I have more questions today than when I first started," Barr told Fox News' Bill Hemmer in an interview set to air Friday on "America's Newsroom."

”What doesn't hang together?" Hemmer asked.

"Some of the explanations of what occurred," Barr said.

"Why does that matter?" asked Hemmer.

"People have to find out what the government was doing during that period. If we're worried about foreign influence, for the very same reason we should be worried about whether government officials abuse their power and put their thumb on the scale," Barr responded.

Barr added, "I'm not saying that happened but it's something we have to look at."

Edited by tomkaz

I hope Barr is not succumbing to pressure and beginning to minimize the potential graveness of this issue. His comment seems a little light handed, "trying to get to the bottom of whether or not “government officials abused their power and put their thumb on the scale” , seems a little light handed for him. Maybe I just need more coffee. 

16 mins ago, fish643 said:

I hope Barr is not succumbing to pressure and beginning to minimize the potential graveness of this issue. His comment seems a little light handed, "trying to get to the bottom of whether or not “government officials abused their power and put their thumb on the scale” , seems a little light handed for him. Maybe I just need more coffee. 

0% chance someone doesnt have something on him or a family member.

That should make this all for interesting summer reading.

28 mins ago, fish643 said:

I think it was a measured response in a live interview. Keep in mind, the average American is not following this as closely as the average PG dweller so Barr chose a word-image that the low info American could appreciate. 

Edited by tomkaz

18 mins ago, fish643 said:

You need more coffee... coffee1.gif.21cd5b473afc6b824f1c6e2eefe26a44.gif

3 mins ago, J said:

You need more coffee... coffee1.gif.21cd5b473afc6b824f1c6e2eefe26a44.gif

Hope you are right, Coffee and the potential for incarcerated Dem political criminals just seem to go together. 

Just now, fish643 said:

Hope you are right, Coffee and the potential for incarcerated Dem political criminals just seem to go together. 

It's what gets me out of bed each day... 

Even if Barr KNOWS where this is leading, for public relations reasons, he has to inform the low info public slowly. Overton Window style so as to not cause a shock to the system. Don’t give the naysayers nor the Left's protectors in the Media a reason to say "See, he knows what he will find, he is just looking for facts to support".

He’s seeking to expose that approach, not replicate it. 

This used to be my morning cup and view. I miss it dearly.

coffebythesurf_zpsebefc1e0.JPG.e5a7a08478937ca15d22cceee5417e34.JPG

Edited by J

5 mins ago, tomkaz said:

image.jpg.c55552aec6c4676e802ad0c31f6b06a4.jpg

Funny you have that cup next to my post. Spec's are my favorite fish to fish for. Up until about 2005 we had a great fall fishery for big Specks in the fall, when the mullet came out of the back bays ....sad, it's all gone now.

8 mins ago, fish643 said:

Funny you have that cup next to my post. Spec's are my favorite fish to fish for. Up until about 2005 we had a great fall fishery for big Specks in the fall, when the mullet came out of the back bays ....sad, it's all gone now.

Uh, speckled brown trout? :wave:

4 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Uh, speckled brown trout? :wave:

Told you I needed coffee. I believe you might live in Fla., that correlation plus at my age early in the morning I am quite good at seeing what I want to see.

8 mins ago, fish643 said:

Told you I needed coffee. I believe you might live in Fla., that correlation plus at my age early in the morning I am quite good at seeing what I want to see.

Gift from wife 12+ years ago, when it was trout rather than tarpon I was likely to chase....