KujoRasta

Lake Winnipesaukee/ Meredith bay

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

I will be helping a family member fix a few things up at their lake house at the Weirs next week, so my father and law and i decided we would give some fishing a go.  We usually fish the area in july and have success fishing with live worms catching TOO many rock bass and some fun smallies.  

Question 1.. Will it be too late in the season to catch Trout or salmon from shore or docks? We don't have a boat and but would love to get on some trout or salmon.  If they will still be biting, or in that area what is the bait of choice? should we just go with worms and shiny lures ?

question 2.. will the bass be around yet ? Im sure it depends on the water temp.  

I dont wanna spot burn anyone but if anyone can give us some tips we would greatly appreciate it! if you don't feel comfortable writing back in this thread feel free to shoot me a message!  Thank you in advance for the feedback! 

Can't say I know anyone who fishes the lake from shore, so I'm not going to be much help.

If you can get in a boat, you can find salmon and lakers into early June, especially with the weather being as cool as it has been. 

The only thing you will catch from shore in July is someone's boat .I have fished Winni for 50 years come about June 15 its all over.Too many people from out of state with there fancy boats and there sea doo's  on the water, you would be better off fishing for stripers on the coast. Or hire a guide who has the right equipment and size boat to deal with all the nut jobs that come up for the summer.What NH and Maine need is a  open hunting season on Sea Doo's. from June 15 to November 1

32 mins ago, Doodle said:

The only thing you will catch from shore in July is someone's boat .I have fished Winni for 50 years come about June 15 its all over.Too many people from out of state with there fancy boats and there sea doo's  on the water, you would be better off fishing for stripers on the coast. Or hire a guide who has the right equipment and size boat to deal with all the nut jobs that come up for the summer.What NH and Maine need is a  open hunting season on Sea Doo's. from June 15 to November 1

Im going up there this week, May 23rd.  I mentioned I go up there in July every year for a week with family, i usually do well catching smallies.. however my question is if anyone has any experience catching salmon or lakers from shore in may, i was looking for some tips...

2 hours ago, Doodle said:

What NH and Maine need is a  open hunting season on Sea Doo's. from June 15 to November 1

A great reason to allow us to mount and deploy heat seeking torpedoes!!  Thank good for being well North of Portland on the coast, very, very few of the plagues seen...

1 hour ago, KujoRasta said:

Im going up there this week, May 23rd.  I mentioned I go up there in July every year for a week with family, i usually do well catching smallies.. however my question is if anyone has any experience catching salmon or lakers from shore in may, i was looking for some tips...

First of all, is that you with a man bun in your avatar?  

I see guys fishing from a few spots Alton Bay from land early Summer- but it's from my boat and I can't offer much info how they do. Trout and salmon are still catchable- especially very early, before the water gets busy. & I bet you could get the salmonids if you put your time in!

Maybe AJ's up there can help you? 

The NH board is slow pretty much no matter what you post ;) 

Maybe a search using that function on the board will dredge up old posts about fishing from shore on Winni

Good luck wherever you wind up Rastaman!

1 hour ago, jausman said:

I see guys fishing from a few spots Alton Bay from land early Summer- but it's from my boat and I can't offer much info how they do. Trout and salmon are still catchable- especially very early, before the water gets busy. & I bet you could get the salmonids if you put your time in!

Maybe AJ's up there can help you? 

The NH board is slow pretty much no matter what you post ;) 

Maybe a search using that function on the board will dredge up old posts about fishing from shore on Winni

Good luck wherever you wind up Rastaman!

Thank you for the tips.  If we end up fishing this week i will keep you posted with the report!

2 hours ago, HopHead said:

It is indeed.  but don't judge a book by its cover. 

Yes you have a slim chance from shore (in early am and late PM) as long as that shoreline has access to deep water (> 20ft).  Look for inflows and outflows to target rainbow trout in the early morning and late evening.  Good luck!

PM me with your tel no and I'll ring you with something positive, in stark contrast to the responses from the nattering nabobs of negativism posted to date.

5 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

A great reason to allow us to mount and deploy heat seeking torpedoes!!  Thank good for being well North of Portland on the coast, very, very few of the plagues seen...

They are on the river to the south of you. Already had some in April. Also have had a cigarette boat the last couple years you can hear from a mile away.

1 hour ago, akon said:

They are on the river to the south of you. Already had some in April. Also have had a cigarette boat the last couple years you can hear from a mile away.

Lock and load...

6 hours ago, HopHead said:

Brutal.

On 5/20/2019 at 0:29 PM, Doodle said:

To keep it "sporty" 1 per day with a handgun only. :laugh: