Preferred braided line.

Rate this topic

Irishfire18

2 hours ago, Irishfire18 said:

What it the preferred braid to use for beach and jetty casting.    10ft rod and 5000 size reel.

Most people will tell you 30-40lb braided line. I personally use 30lb Power Pro Super Slick V2 on my 10' rod, which has a 5K Shimano Saragosa on it. I used to fish regular Power Pro Super Slick, but the new stuff holds up better. I'm fishing NJ, the north and south fork of LI, and the LI sound with that setup.

I personally wouldn't go near an inlet without 50lb test line. For open beaches 30lb is perfect.

As far as brands go, I've used Suffix 832 and Spiderwire Ultracast Invisibraid and liked them a lot. Right now I'm using J-Braid and I like that as well. I'd avoid Spiderwire Stealth and PowerPro

(*member formerly known as 'Always_NoFo')

How is Cabela's Ripcord Pro? I have it on my freshwater setup, but it's my first time using braided line so I don't know what is good or not. 

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright